Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

I have another query as well, My name on all my transcripts and degrees is "Rakshshanda", but on IELTS its "Rakshanda". Does that makes any difference ? As I have a picture on my IELTS result card.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that should not have been done :(, as they emphasize on same name. You can argue with the fact of your birth day and picture, but that'd sort of taking chance as well. May be you can provide some notary. But initially you should try to contact IELTS to correct that (though I am not sure if they do that). Btw, how come you have different name in IELTS than your passport? How did they allow it?

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Well, my bad, I guess I wasn't vigilant enough while checking it. Also I am pretty sure they wont change it. But there's one good chance. My second name changed after my marriage to my husbands that is... Rakhshanda Affan instead of Rakhshanda ... also in first glance you don't get to notice the "H". It took me a year to note that lol. *Fingers crossed*

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Well, that should not have been done :(, as they emphasize on same name. You can argue with the fact of your birth day and picture, but that'd sort of taking chance as well. May be you can provide some notary. But initially you should try to contact IELTS to correct that (though I am not sure if they do that). Btw, how come you have different name in IELTS than your passport? How did they allow it?

About allowing, I didn't had my passport back then, I just had my ID which was in regional language i.e. URDU. So I guess what they typed. That was it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, got it ... I also think they won't change, but still worth a try. In the application form (or Form 80, I forgot where exactly), there is a question asking if you ever known by a different name, there you might put that second spelling if you want.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hmm, got it ... I also think they won't change, but still worth a try. In the application form (or Form 80, I forgot where exactly), there is a question asking if you ever known by a different name, there you might put that second spelling if you want.

Sent them an email, got a call, they asked for below mentioned scanned documents.
1- IELTS TRF
2- Passport
3- Last Educational Transcript / Certificate

The key is, name should be same on every document and they are going to send the case to IDP. If they allow to amend, they will change it. There are no charges yet confirmed for the same. The case will be forwarded today and the reply will be coming till next working day. So lets hope for a good news. :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Great news ... that's why i always say, trying doesn't do any harm, no matter how tiny chance you have :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Great news ... that's why i always say, trying doesn't do any harm, no matter how tiny chance you have :)

I second you on that.

I also have a question Mystic, do you think a person can opt two IELTS at a time and both the TRF's will be counted differently if one is academic and other is general ? or the most recent one is going to be the one eligible and earlier one would be expired automatically ? Whats your idea about it ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't get your question I guess. What did you mean by "count"? You can appear as many IELTS as you can, and you can produce any one of them as your reference in EOI+application, this is your choice. As long as the validity does not expire, you can use any one you want (of course you would like to use the best one). There is no rule that you have to use the latest one.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
All right, that is exactly what I was trying to ask. If I already have one TRF in Academic in which I scored 6.5 and which is not expired and I sit in another exam for General and earn 7 all. So I can present any one of those as I wish, the earlier one will not expire and there is no such rule of expiry that if I get a new one the earlier one expires.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You are right ...

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Bad news I think..

Dear Rakhshanda,

Thank you for your enquiry, and we apologise for the delay in responding.

We regret to advise that unfortunately we cannot assist you with your request to change the details on your official test report form (TRF).

It is an IELTS regulation that the details on a candidate TRF must be an exact match of their identification document that was used on that particular test date.

If you are having any issues with University/Immigration applications then you may wish to include a copy of your passport in with your other documentation so any confusion over your name can be clearly seen.

We are sorry we are unable to assist you in this matter.

We wish you all the very best.

Kind regards.

What should be done now Mystic ? Would you suggest me to appear in IELTS again or shall I go with the same TRF mentioning as they suggested "If you are having any issues with University/Immigration applications then you may wish to include a copy of your passport in with your other documentation so any confusion over your name can be clearly seen." ?

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I ought to fight for my rights. I replied them.

Thank you for your reply, as you mentioned in your email."It is an IELTS regulation that the details on a candidate TRF must be an exact match of their identification document that was used on that particular test date."

I would like to confirm that on my test date I didn't had my passport and it was issued on 30th September ( can be seen in the attachment ), on the other hand my IELTS test date was 7th of September 2015.
The only ID I had with me was my national ID card which was in regional language i.e. URDU (both sides attached for your reference) which didn't had my name or spelling of my name written in English anywhere.

Also I would like to confirm that the test center officials filled up the online form themselves.

You know very well its going to cost me time and money both in case I am going to apply for IELTS again, or even if I am going to explain the whole scenario to immigration officials, they wont help me out and its a risk not worth taking. On the other hand you guys have the authority to help me out and I will be glad enough if you consider my request, I don't want to be in trouble for this. I am hoping that you will understand my problem.

Hoping to get a positive response this time.

Regards
Rakhshanda Affan

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Spot on, you should fight.

Just a heads up, it is very rare (if they do at all) that they will change the details (at least I have not seen a case), so you should think of your alternative at the same time.

I don't think another IELTS is necessary, rather you can have a notarized translation of your original NID with old spelling, plus an affidavit that you have changed your name spelling from this to that should be enough. DIBP might ask questions, but you have your valid cause.

Having said that, there is always a risk that they won't accept your reasoning (though I think the chance of this happen is slim). So, you can as well reappear in IELTS if you want. Also, if I remember correctly, you have 60 points, so it might be worth to try a second time to increase your IELTS score (a all 6 to all 7 in IELTS will give you extra 10 points, which is a big deal).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Spot on, you should fight.

Just a heads up, it is very rare (if they do at all) that they will change the details (at least I have not seen a case), so you should think of your alternative at the same time.

I don't think another IELTS is necessary, rather you can have a notarized translation of your original NID with old spelling, plus an affidavit that you have changed your name spelling from this to that should be enough. DIBP might ask questions, but you have your valid cause.

Having said that, there is always a risk that they won't accept your reasoning (though I think the chance of this happen is slim). So, you can as well reappear in IELTS if you want. Also, if I remember correctly, you have 60 points, so it might be worth to try a second time to increase your IELTS score (a all 6 to all 7 in IELTS will give you extra 10 points, which is a big deal).

I can not do what you suggested regarding the change of name scenario, as I have the same spelling on my each n every single document. This will cause me some major issues. Although now I am planing to opt for an English card.

Your suggestion is worth having a thought to re-appear in IELTS, but I think it will cost me "time" which I don't want to waste. I will wait from IDP for the email. Lets see what they say and then decide what should be my next step.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I can not do what you suggested regarding the change of name scenario, as I have the same spelling on my each n every single document.
Except IELTS. Hmm, the situation is complex. But I still think DIBP will accept if you can explain properly.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

No luck so far. I just got this reply from IDP. Do you think I should opt for another IELTS or go with their suggestion and the current TRF ? As they mentioned IELTS test partners link the test results with your identification. That is my National Identity Number mentioned on my National Identity Card.

Dear Rakhshanda,

Thank you for your reply.

I do appreciate that this is frustrating. However, in order to maintain reliability of results, we must adhere to such regulations. The regulation whereby the details on the candidate TRF must be an exact match of their identification document that was used on that particular test date is in place as a safeguard for checking test taker identity.

We wish to advise that it is the responsibility of candidates to familiarise themselves with the criteria set by recognising organsiations which they expect their applicants to meet.

We recommend that you engage the services of an approved translator, who can translate your National Identity card and certify that it is a true translation of your identity card. You will then be able to submit this with your application to the relevant immigration department.

You may be interested to know that when you provide your identity information the IELTS Test Partners link that information to your IELTS test and test result on the Test Report Form. This enables you to submit your Test Report Form to Recognizing Organisations and for them to verify your result.

I am sorry we are unable to be of further assistance.

We wish you all the very best.

Kind regards,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
OK, a friend of mine suggested me to go with the same TRF as he mentioned the CO have all the necessary tools to check whether its forged or not, which isn't. If asked by CO regarding the spelling difference we can still show them the reasons by presenting my regional CNIC and explain the CO why it happened.

After submission of EOI, I can opt for IELTS again and get better results with a correction of name while I am relaxed and get more points to add into my EOI. I kind of liked that idea, and willing to go for it without any delay.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.