Different spelling of name in IELTS TRF and passport

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
OK, a friend of mine suggested me to go with the same TRF as he mentioned the CO have all the necessary tools to check whether its forged or not, which isn't. If asked by CO regarding the spelling difference we can still show them the reasons by presenting my regional CNIC and explain the CO why it happened.

After submission of EOI, I can opt for IELTS again and get better results with a correction of name while I am relaxed and get more points to add into my EOI. I kind of liked that idea, and willing to go for it without any delay.

I think what your friend suggested is similar to what I said couple of post back, ryt? So I agree to that.

Also, you now have the email correspondence with IDP which would further establishes your validity.

I don't think another IELTS is necessary, rather you can have a notarized translation of your original NID with old spelling, plus an affidavit that you have changed your name spelling from this to that should be enough. DIBP might ask questions, but you have your valid cause.

Having said that, there is always a risk that they won't accept your reasoning (though I think the chance of this happen is slim). So, you can as well reappear in IELTS if you want. Also, if I remember correctly, you have 60 points, so it might be worth to try a second time to increase your IELTS score (a all 6 to all 7 in IELTS will give you extra 10 points, which is a big deal).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I think what your friend suggested is similar to what I said couple of post back, ryt? So I agree to that.

Also, you now have the email correspondence with IDP which would further establishes your validity.

That is true, it will be helpful.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

No luck so far. I just got this reply from IDP. Do you think I should opt for another IELTS or go with their suggestion and the current TRF ? As they mentioned IELTS test partners link the test results with your identification. That is my National Identity Number mentioned on my National Identity Card.

Dear Rakhshanda,

Thank you for your reply.

I do appreciate that this is frustrating. However, in order to maintain reliability of results, we must adhere to such regulations. The regulation whereby the details on the candidate TRF must be an exact match of their identification document that was used on that particular test date is in place as a safeguard for checking test taker identity.

We wish to advise that it is the responsibility of candidates to familiarise themselves with the criteria set by recognising organsiations which they expect their applicants to meet.

We recommend that you engage the services of an approved translator, who can translate your National Identity card and certify that it is a true translation of your identity card. You will then be able to submit this with your application to the relevant immigration department.

You may be interested to know that when you provide your identity information the IELTS Test Partners link that information to your IELTS test and test result on the Test Report Form. This enables you to submit your Test Report Form to Recognizing Organisations and for them to verify your result.

I am sorry we are unable to be of further assistance.

We wish you all the very best.

Kind regards,

Got a call from Local IELTS office in my city. They asked two questions.

1- Why did it took me a year to check that the spelling mistakes in my TRF.
2- Did I applied somewhere? If not, where am I planing to apply.

Answers:

1- I checked after a year because earlier I was planing to apply for Student Visa. But later I decided not to since I came to know that I am eligible for Immigration.
2- No, I am going to apply for Australian Immigration now.

Upon query, they confirmed these two questions were being inquired by IDP Australia. Hence they called and IDP also asked for the entire case again, so they have already sent all the relevant documents and will inform me if there is any reply from IDP.

Now in my opinion they should not have inquired about it since they closed the case in last email they sent me. So I could not wait to confirm it from the relevant authority and send them an email.

Dear Alison,

I am hoping you must be doing fine. I received a call today from the local AEO office in Karachi, Pakistan asking me if why did I checked my TRF after a year and where am I trying to apply, they also confirmed that IDP has asked for my data again.

I actually gave IELTS Academic because I wanted to go for a student visa earlier, but I left that option because I got to know that I can also apply for immigration and I am eligible. So does this means I have hope of getting my TRF corrected ? Since you clearly mentioned in your last email that you can not be of any further assistance.

Please confirm as this is very important and I have fingers crossed. I will be glad if you could makes changes, hence I do not have enough stamina and time to go through all of that effort again.

Regards
Rakhshanda Affan

Now waiting for their reply. Have you witnessed any case like that @MysticRiver ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't, actually in my experience they don't change the names after examination.

However, I don't think you have any thing to worry about. You have enough proof in hand to build your case. Let them do whatever they are doing :).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I haven't, actually in my experience they don't change the names after examination.

However, I don't think you have any thing to worry about. You have enough proof in hand to build your case. Let them do whatever they are doing :).

True that :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear Rakhshanda,

Thank you for your email.

I understand your desire to have your TRF updated to include your passport number. Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfil your request, as per the reasons we advised to your earlier.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind regards,
Alison

:D I wonder why did they asked the details on the first place

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Most probably due to lack of inter-department communication :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Most probably due to lack of inter-department communication :)

That is exactly what I feel. And I have been a pain in the *** for them now I think. lol.

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your reply.

I was just eager to know if why did IDP asked for my details again and contacted me via Local Office?

Regards
Rakhshanda Affan

For which She replied....

Dear Rakhshanda,

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently investigating this with the test centre and will get back to you with an outcome at the earliest.

Thank you and kind regards,
Alison

Now the funny thing which we both didn't noticed is, she didn't even remembered what I was trying to get corrected. If you see above email she said and I quote "I understand your desire to have your TRF updated to include your passport number. " lol, Which means she doesn't remember the case, although I replied in the same thread.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Now the funny thing which we both didn't noticed is, she didn't even remembered what I was trying to get corrected. If you see above email she said and I quote "I understand your desire to have your TRF updated to include your passport number. " lol, Which means she doesn't remember the case, although I replied in the same thread.

Lolz .. but in her defense, she might have hundreds of similar email to reply, so may be just a slip, didn't read the old email again :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Lolz .. but in her defense, she might have hundreds of similar email to reply, so may be just a slip, didn't read the old email again :)

LOL! @MysticRiver what can you say, I have made a history, they have approved the change of name request and I just received a call it is made already, I will be going tomorrow to pick it up :D

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You indeed have made a history .. this is the first time I heard such request been approved :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
@MysticRiver do we have an official link where it is mentioned that both Academic / General IELTS will work for immigration purpose in any subclass, one of my friend needs to confirm this.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It is enough to appear in GT, but AT should work as well.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189- (Points Test > English Language Ability)

DIBP said:
IELTS has an academic test and a general training test. You need only take the general training test unless your assessing authority tells you otherwise.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...migration-subclasses-189-190-and-489-visa.64/ (Booklet 6, 1119)

DIBP said:
You need to ensure you are able to provide evidence of the level of your English language ability
attained at time of invitation. IELTS has an academic test and a general training test. Unless you are required to do otherwise by your assessing authority you only need to take the general training test.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I thought I should update this as well... Many people would know not know this.

"The IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) is valid for two years. At present, IELTS score is valid for a three year period for Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications."

Hi Mystic,
Well, in regards to the issues with different Names in different documents, I wanted to check with you.

I have got my name Bravo CA in all my school documents whereas for the passport I have it expanded as Bravo Charlie Alpha. Now, on all the employment relieving letters I have got only first and middle name i.e. Bravo Charlie and alpha is missed out so would I be in trouble while applying for Visa (Not started process yet)

Secondly, when I appear for PTE would it be better to produce passport as ID proof so I can get the full name Bravo Charlie Alpha on the report card. Please suggest.

Thank you
Bravo

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi Mystic,
Well, in regards to the issues with different Names in different documents, I wanted to check with you.

I have got my name Bravo CA in all my school documents whereas for the passport I have it expanded as Bravo Charlie Alpha. Now, on all the employment relieving letters I have got only first and middle name i.e. Bravo Charlie and alpha is missed out so would I be in trouble while applying for Visa (Not started process yet)

Secondly, when I appear for PTE would it be better to produce passport as ID proof so I can get the full name Bravo Charlie Alpha on the report card. Please suggest.

Thank you
Bravo

1- There wont be any issue, since there is a form 80 you fill while applying for visa and you can mention all your given names in that form.
2- Yes passport as an ID proof is the best option.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
@MysticRiver I have a question.

Does IDP release IELTS results after 13 days you "sit" for the written exam or the clock starts from the day of speaking, if its earlier to the written tests?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting question, never thought about it. Don't they announce result publishing day in advance?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.