2020-07-03
Skill
QS
SC
Point
EOI
2020-07-03
Hi,

I already have a skill assessment from AIQS for 4 years. Now i need to Claim 5 years of experience, Do i need to get the latest year assessed or, Can i claim five years with the existing skill assessment (4 years)?

TIA

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Usually, if you continued in the same job, you should be able to claim it without any issue.

Thank You King! 🙌
Hey bro,
I think you're the right person to get my doubts clarified.

I Have a few questions to be asked.

1) The AIQS mentions that in order to apply for a Skills Assessment, the minimum requirement is a Bachelors Degree in QS and 2 Years Post Qualified Experience.
My Question is since I'm already having my Bachelors (From UK) is it okay if I do apply for an Skills Assessment soon after I reach 2 years post qualified experience? Will I receive a positive assessment since I've satisfied their minimum requirement?

2) What are the duties that needs to be performed by me that which the AIQS will look into mostly in order to certify it as a positive assessment? This will help me since I've just started working and I can make adjustments to the duties I am performing right now by informing my senior QS about it.

3) Let's say for Example : If I've had 2 years post qualified experience as a 'Assistant Quantity Surveyor' will they consider it or do they need me to have 2 years post qualified experience as a 'Quantity Surveyor'?
Do they look into our designation seriously?

If You could help me with these three questions it would be a great help!

Riff_kii

Wanderer
MSA
2020-07-03
Skill
QS
SC
Point
EOI
2020-07-03
Hey bro,
I think you're the right person to get my doubts clarified.

I Have a few questions to be asked.

1) The AIQS mentions that in order to apply for a Skills Assessment, the minimum requirement is a Bachelors Degree in QS and 2 Years Post Qualified Experience.
My Question is since I'm already having my Bachelors (From UK) is it okay if I do apply for an Skills Assessment soon after I reach 2 years post qualified experience? Will I receive a positive assessment since I've satisfied their minimum requirement?

2) What are the duties that needs to be performed by me that which the AIQS will look into mostly in order to certify it as a positive assessment? This will help me since I've just started working and I can make adjustments to the duties I am performing right now by informing my senior QS about it.

3) Let's say for Example : If I've had 2 years post qualified experience as a 'Assistant Quantity Surveyor' will they consider it or do they need me to have 2 years post qualified experience as a 'Quantity Surveyor'?
Do they look into our designation seriously?

If You could help me with these three questions it would be a great help!
1. It depends on whether your Degree is accredited by AIQS or not. They have given different pathways based on your qualification. You can see those details on AIQS website and based on that you can sort it out. Assuming you are applying under Pathway 3, yes you are eligible if your work experience is Full time under an approved supervisor and Post Graduation.

2. Duties varies on the field you are working at mate (Contractor/Consultant), You can use QS competencies as guidance to list the tasks. but the decision is Assessing Authority's. You need to list all the main works you have done. Based on that you will be assessed. If you are trying to manipulate the duties to get a positive assessment, then you really have to think about that. There are limited works that you could have done in two years.

3. Your designation doesn't really matters, what really matters is who supervised you and the works you have been doing during the period that you are trying to assess. Under a Supervisor you anyway will be an assistant. if you are concerned about the term "Assistant" you can use "Quantity Surveyor" instead if your organization/Supervisor is willing to mention it in the letter.

Contact AIQS from the email they have given mate, they are very friendly and will assist you and advise to get the assessment.

Last edited:
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.