ACS Do you need ACS skills assessment for 482 Medium Stream (ICT Business Analyst)?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and glad I came across so many interesting posts and helpful people here.

I'm looking for a job in Australia (I'm currently overseas), and I was wondering which steps I should take, and in which order, to get the 482 visa. My questions are:

1. Should I complete my skills assessment before applying for jobs?
2. Should I first get my skills assessed by ACS and only then start applying for jobs?

Lastly, is it better to apply onshore while holding a tourist visa (assuming that if I get a job, I'd get onto the bridging visa with work permit once my tourist visa expires - while the application for the 482 is being processed)?

If anyone could help me understanding what employers prefer, that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you again!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It's always better to start job searching as soon as possible.

I'd get onto the bridging visa with work permit once my tourist visa expires - while the application for the 482 is being processed)?
You have to be careful making this assumption. Usually, a BVA has the same work rights as the original visa held at the time of application (e.g., tourist visa in this condition). I am not sure if there is any especial rule for 482 applicants, but make sure you double check that before proceeding further, in case you want to opt this route.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.