2019-03-10
App.
2019-03-24
PCC
2019-03-17
HC
2019-03-07
Hi guys,

I am trying to generate HAP ID so that I can get my medical test done (even before I get ITA). While filling the details in Immi website, I had couple of doubts.

1) It asks for "Other Identity Documents". I have a driver's license of my home country but on that, my surname is not printed fully - only the first letter is printed. Its like the name being printed as 'Ricky P' instead of 'Ricky Ponting'. Is it fine to upload that document or should I just stay away from providing additional ID docs?

2) For my son, who is 4 months old now, the national ID card is not issued yet (I have applied it 2 months ago but dont know why it is taking too long). The Immi website says "Holders of passports issued by the country specified above are required to provide details of a valid national identity card issued by the same country. The Department requires this information to assist with processing the application. Delays could occur if the information is not provided. Give the reason the family member cannot provide details of a national identity card issued by their country of passport ." I explained that the application has been made, but ID is not issued yet. What do you think would be the impact if I am not able to provide the national ID card? I have attached birth certificate in the "Other Identity Docs" section, btw.

Thanks

MSA
2019-02-22
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-02-22
Inv.
2019-03-10
App.
2019-03-24
PCC
2019-03-17
HC
2019-03-07

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It asks for "Other Identity Documents". I have a driver's license of my home country but on that, my surname is not printed fully - only the first letter is printed. Its like the name being printed as 'Ricky P' instead of 'Ricky Ponting'. Is it fine to upload that document or should I just stay away from providing additional ID docs?
I would just leave it unless mandatory.

For my son, who is 4 months old now, the national ID card is not issued yet (I have applied it 2 months ago but dont know why it is taking too long). The Immi website says "Holders of passports issued by the country specified above are required to provide details of a valid national identity card issued by the same country. The Department requires this information to assist with processing the application. Delays could occur if the information is not provided. Give the reason the family member cannot provide details of a national identity card issued by their country of passport ." I explained that the application has been made, but ID is not issued yet. What do you think would be the impact if I am not able to provide the national ID card? I have attached birth certificate in the "Other Identity Docs" section, btw.
I think that's a very good explanation.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.