• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Does Australia Engineers assess computer science ?

mahmoud

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Sir ,

this is my first day going through your forum and really I appreciated your dedication,efforts, support ...etc you are giving to all members,, my inquiry is that can I be assessed via Australia engineer authority though I have completed my Bsc in information technology , but my whole work experience is "computer network engineer" I have networking international certificate e.g. (Cisco certificates ) , I am really want to avoid ACS as they have deducted 4 years of my work experiences which affect the claiming points?

Again really appreciate your efforts and looking forward hearing from you.

Cheers,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Sir ,

this is my first day going through your forum and really I appreciated your dedication,efforts, support ...etc you are giving to all members,, my inquiry is that can I be assessed via Australia engineer authority though I have completed my Bsc in information technology , but my whole work experience is "computer network engineer" I have networking international certificate e.g. (Cisco certificates ) , I am really want to avoid ACS as they have deducted 4 years of my work experiences which affect the claiming points?

Again really appreciate your efforts and looking forward hearing from you.

Cheers,

Your education background doesn't define your assessment authority. Rather it is decided by which skill of the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) matches your occupation/skill (you have to have a matching skill from that list to apply for migration). So most likely your skill will match some occupation which is assessed by ACS. Check the last column of below link for the list of authority against each occupation of SOL and decide which one suits most.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/skilled-occupations-list-sol.41432/

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.