• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ANMAC Does paid nursing internship count towards experience?

irishcyke321

Timeline missing
Hey Folks! Im applying for the state nominated 190 visa as a developmental disabilty nurse. Im from Ireland and am currently living in Melbourne.

I have to get a skills assesment through ANMAC and i was told by my migration agent that i must have a minamun of 2 years experience in order to complete this assessment and apply for the 190 visa. Unforunately i am currently at 1.5 years of paid experience post graduation.

However, for the final year of my course i participated in a 9 month paid internship. This was paid for by the Irish State/regulatory body. Does anyone know if ANMAC would/do include this in total experience and pass me over the two year threshold?

Thanks for any advice!

MMA

Timeline missing
Hey Folks! Im applying for the state nominated 190 visa as a developmental disabilty nurse. Im from Ireland and am currently living in Melbourne.
Join
I have to get a skills assesment through ANMAC and i was told by my migration agent that i must have a minamun of 2 years experience in order to complete this assessment and apply for the 190 visa. Unforunately i am currently at 1.5 years of paid experience post graduation.

However, for the final year of my course i participated in a 9 month paid internship. This was paid for by the Irish State/regulatory body. Does anyone know if ANMAC would/do include this in total experience and pass me over the two year threshold?

Thanks for any advice!

You don't require 2 years of experience to pass ANMAC assessment. You need only equivalent of 3 months full time work to get that ANZAC code.
If u need work experience of 1 year reported on your assessment report, you only need 1040 hours worked in a 12 months calendar.
Anmac just started to accept 20hrs/per week in 12 months as a year experience.

Also remember that 1 - 3 years experience = 5points. So it does not really matter if u have 1 or 2 years experience.

irishcyke321

Timeline missing
You don't require 2 years of experience to pass ANMAC assessment. You need only equivalent of 3 months full time work to get that ANZAC code.
If u need work experience of 1 year reported on your assessment report, you only need 1040 hours worked in a 12 months calendar.
Anmac just started to accept 20hrs/per week in 12 months as a year experience.

Also remember that 1 - 3 years experience = 5points. So it does not really matter if u have 1 or 2 years experience.
Ah, ok. Thank you very much for your response.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.