EA Electrical engineer nominated as engineering technologist

Rainq28

Timeline missing
Hi everyone!

I recently received my result from EA as engineering technologist 233914.
The occupational classification and occupation is also engineering technologist.

I am concerned that on the outcome document does not state anywhere of which engineering technologist I am.

I have an Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from Tallinn Technical University which is comparable to Bachelor's Degree in the Australian Qualifications Framework.

I would like to use this assessment for migration purposes, but moving forward, which work related occupation would support the skill assessment?
Do I have to be hired as an electrical engineer, a draftsperson or something else?

I would be very grateful for any information about electrical engineers with engineering technologist nomination.

Thank you
Rainer

Duraivel

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi everyone!

I recently received my result from EA as engineering technologist 233914.
The occupational classification and occupation is also engineering technologist.

I am concerned that on the outcome document does not state anywhere of which engineering technologist I am.

I have an Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from Tallinn Technical University which is comparable to Bachelor's Degree in the Australian Qualifications Framework.

I would like to use this assessment for migration purposes, but moving forward, which work related occupation would support the skill assessment?
Do I have to be hired as an electrical engineer, a draftsperson or something else?

I would be very grateful for any information about electrical engineers with engineering technologist nomination.

Thank you
Rainer
I also recently submitted EA for Electrical Engineer. They asked for the clarifications which I submitted today. Are they giving the outcome without checking with you as they downgrade from Professional Engineer to Technologist?

Rainq28

Timeline missing
I also recently submitted EA for Electrical Engineer. They asked for the clarifications which I submitted today. Are they giving the outcome without checking with you as they downgrade from Professional Engineer to Technologist?
No they will give you options for potential outcomes. For me they asked to write 2 new career episodes for professional engineer, or to rewrite the existing ones to get engineering technologist. This feedback came as request for additional info from their side

Duraivel

Wanderer
Timeline missing
My question is, while asking additional information they simply asked few questions in all 3 episodes and a general statement that we I didn’t demonstrated as professional electrical engineer. I responded to their queries and altered some parts of the episodes. Does that mean our episodes matched the profession and only answering to their questions is enough? I am so confused and concerned. Because 2 of the episodes are the ones I did in masters which are related to solar thermal and not directly related to electrical. But many told us that Renewable Energy is part of electrical only and we don’t need to worry.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Your skill assessment is relevant only for your visa application. As soon as you get 189/190/491 visa, you are free to work in any field.

Rainq28

Timeline missing
My question is, while asking additional information they simply asked few questions in all 3 episodes and a general statement that we I didn’t demonstrated as professional electrical engineer. I responded to their queries and altered some parts of the episodes. Does that mean our episodes matched the profession and only answering to their questions is enough? I am so confused and concerned. Because 2 of the episodes are the ones I did in masters which are related to solar thermal and not directly related to electrical. But many told us that Renewable Energy is part of electrical only and we don’t need to worry.
Yes well its very individual what they find from our career episodes to choose between nominations. For me it was also confusing what I had to exactly do. My first CE were about building automation and electrical designer and second one my thesis analysing ventilation system automation for optimization.
These career episodes apparently were not good for professional engineer.
But my third episode where I was a grad engineer in a solar farm australia - this was good for PE outcome.

ARR

Regular
MSA
2017-12-13
Skill
SC
190 (NSW)
Point
75+5
EOI
2019-03-27
Inv.
2019-05-10
App.
2019-06-14
PCC
2019-06-05
HC
2019-06-20
Grant
2019-10-23
IED
2020-06-30
Hi everyone,
My brother's degree is B-Tech (Hons) Mechanical Technology and it was 4 years programme so can I choose professional engineers at the time of assessment or will it fall under Engineering Technologist?

MSA
2017-12-13
Skill
SC
190 (NSW)
Point
75+5
EOI
2019-03-27
Inv.
2019-05-10
App.
2019-06-14
PCC
2019-06-05
HC
2019-06-20
Grant
2019-10-23
IED
2020-06-30
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.