Point
EOI
2019-12-17
Nom.
2019-11-22
Inv.
2020-01-24
Good Afternoon all,
I have recently applied to have my skills assessed as an Engineering Associate, so I can apply as an Electrical Engineering Draftsperson.

I received the following from Engineers Australia:

I am writing in regards to the potential outcome of your MSA application.

The following decision have been made after discussions with other senior assessors in the technical meeting.

1) Qualifications: AQF (Australian Qualification framework) level - Diploma. This advice is according to the Country Educational Profile (CEP).

2) Work Experience - As indicated previously, the duties reflected in the reference letter(s) and the salaries does not reflect you were working as an Electrical Engineering Draftsperson and therefore NO work experience will be recognised.

3) Potential outcome forward - Based on advices from CEP and AQF (the Department of Home Affairs follows their guidelines as well in assessing overseas qualifications), the qualification you have gained is Diploma level equivalent and therefore ONLY Engineering Associate - Electrical Engineering Draftsperson will be the potential outcome.

I do not understand as my job is effectively an engineering draftsperson, I have over 18 years experience in that field but because I am a contract worker within the Oil&Gas Industry my rate is not comparable. My references are basically job role descriptions. I work as an Electrical and Instrumentation designer.
Has anyone else been in this scenario?

Thanks
Paul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea about your field of work but I guess you can try explaining this to the assessor.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.