• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EA Electronics engineer

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
Hi,

I have positive skills assessment for electronics engineer on 8/12/2016 and EOI dated 31/12/2016 for NSW. I have 55 points without state nomination. I applied it all but doesn't understand how the system picks the candidates, so do I have 55 or 60 points after applied for NSW state ??

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
I also want to know the process of applying for SA state sponsorship as I am an SA graduate my PTE scor is S-53, L-65, R-60,W-67 overall 61. And my occupation is in supplementary list. What will be the chances of applying for SA ? Currently working as shop assistant at Oporto from 3 years.

Thanks,
Vinodh

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you applied in subclass 190, an extra 5 points will be added to your tally, and hemce you'll have 60 points in total.

The selection criteria for NSW is mentioned here.

To apply in SA, just select SA as intended states in EOI.

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
Hi,
What is the current cutoff date that is running with EOI for electronic engineer because few forums says it is 21/11/2016 and few say it is 2/12/2016. So is there any particular like invitations are given to candidates with more points but still the cutoff is 60 mean ? Will they still invite if there are candidates with 60 points ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
By cut-off date, if you meant the earliest visa date of effect that received an invitation, it depends on the occupation. It is possible that some occupation has "cut-off date" as early as Sep 2016 whereas some other occupation has a very recent date. Furthermore, it is a common case that some occupation receives invitations with 60 points whereas some other occupation has stuck at minimum 70 points (because there is a lot more applications on that occupation).

Also, the occupation-wise "cut-off date" is currently published ONLY for 8 occupations in subclass 189. So, for your case (subclass 190), this information is not public and anything you read in different places is either for those 8 high occupations in subclass 189, or pure speculation.

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
Hi i would also like to know what will be my chances if my occupation is in supplementary list for SA state ? Being the graduate from SA will there be any consideration ?

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
I actually didnt get know the requirements clearly as im confused because it requires individually 6.5/58 or overall 65. But if i want to have waiver dor not meeting english requirements they have asked to show currwntly working in skilled occupation, as they didnt mention nominated or closely related. Bit confused in understanding.

Your reply will help me.
Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi i would also like to know what will be my chances if my occupation is in supplementary list for SA state ?
Supplementary Skilled List has one positive and one negative side. The positive side is, it is available only to a limited number of people, so the total number of applicants is expected to be lower than State Nominated Occupation List. However, the negative side is, the skills in Supplementary Skilled List has NOT been identified as being in shortage in SA, so the number of invitations sent will also be lower compared to the skills in State Nominated Occupation List.

So, your chance will be hanging between these two opposite facts. Hence, it's not possible to figure out you theoretical chance of an invitation.

Being the graduate from SA will there be any consideration ?
Check the Waiver & exemption section of the following page
http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/Inte...l-graduate-occupation-and-waiver-requirements

I actually didnt get know the requirements clearly as im confused because it requires individually 6.5/58 or overall 65. But if i want to have waiver dor not meeting english requirements they have asked to show currwntly working in skilled occupation, as they didnt mention nominated or closely related. Bit confused in understanding.
I am not sure what you are asking here.

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
The last ine im taking about the waiver requirements as if u can see 9.5 and 9.5.1 you ill clearly understand. But my point is do they need related or closely related ongoing work (minimum 20 hours per week) because they have only mentioned skilled occupation

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
Waiver for SA students can u explain me please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170319-175332.png
    Screenshot_20170319-175332.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 409
  • Screenshot_20170319-175401.png
    Screenshot_20170319-175401.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 424

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The minimum English requirement by DIBP is "competent English" (check the table in this link to understand what competent English requires for various English tests). However, SA imposes extra English proficiency requirement for different occupations which can be equal or higher than DIBP's requirement. For example, an ICT Business Analyst needs "Proficient English" to apply in SA, though he can apply in some other states with "competent English" only (with at least 60 points).

So, the waiver you are talking about is that, even if your occupation (233411) requires higher English proficiency level by SA, for international graduates from SA, they are waived from that extra requirement and it is enough for them to have "competent English" only (e.g. just meeting the DIBP criteria is enough).

You CANNOT be waived from meeting that DIBP criteria of having "competent English".

Vinodh kumar

Wanderer
MSA
2016-12-08
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-05-06
The minimum English requirement by DIBP is "competent English" (check the table in this link to understand what competent English requires for various English tests). However, SA imposes extra English proficiency requirement for different occupations which can be equal or higher than DIBP's requirement. For example, an ICT Business Analyst needs "Proficient English" to apply in SA, though he can apply in some other states with "competent English" only (with at least 60 points).

So, the waiver you are talking about is that, even if your occupation (233411) requires higher English proficiency level by SA, for international graduates from SA, they are waived from that extra requirement and it is enough for them to have "competent English" only (e.g. just meeting the DIBP criteria is enough).

You CANNOT be waived from meeting that DIBP criteria of having "competent English".
So will i be able to apply on the basis of this for SA state ? Although DIBP requires 60 point's criteria and competant English, for which i satisfied the conditions ??

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.