• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EA Eligibility for an MSA in a non career related occupation

neuquen

Timeline missing
Hello forum,

Looking for some guidance and experience here. Has anyone tried to get an MSA under the category of Engineering Technologist with an existing occupation as an engineer?

Its just that I have almost always been working as a petroleum engineer and am concerned that I don't have the resume to back up my claim as an Engineering Technologist. It is however interesting to note that the EA website lists Engineering Technologists as being occupationally similar to what most engineers would do.

If this is even at all possible, what should I pay attention to when crafting the summary, CDR and career episodes?

Thank you.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am not an expert in your field, but the obvious thing is, you have to write your CDR such a way that it supports the responsibilities of your nominated skill.

neuquen

Timeline missing
I am not an expert in your field, but the obvious thing is, you have to write your CDR such a way that it supports the responsibilities of your nominated skill.
Thanks @MysticRiver. I guess my concern is that I may face problems with getting past employers to validate my CDR , or is that not a requirement? Wont I have also have to get support letters from past employers during the MSA process who may question the choice of an engineering technologist as opposed to an engineer.

Thanks again.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see anyone asking his/her employer to confirm his/her nominated occupation. From your employer's side, all you need is an experience letter listing your job responsibilities which match the job description of your intended occupation. You don't need to validate which nominated occupation you should choose from your employer.

neuquen

Timeline missing
I didn't see anyone asking his/her employer to confirm his/her nominated occupation. From your employer's side, all you need is an experience letter listing your job responsibilities which match the job description of your intended occupation. You don't need to validate which nominated occupation you should choose from your employer.
Thank you @MysticRiver ! What would be a good forum (or existing threads for that matter) for CDRs (formats, sample letters etc)?

Have a nice day!

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Thank you @MysticRiver ! What would be a good forum (or existing threads for that matter) for CDRs (formats, sample letters etc)?
Be very careful looking at the submissions prepared by others. Anything submitted needs to clearly be all your own work.
There have been a number of cases discussed on MD recently where people have had their submission rejected by Engineers Australia as it is too similar to other previously submitted information. They WILL check for plagiarism and don't seem to be reluctant to raise their concerns.
Search the site if you want to read more about these situations

neuquen

Timeline missing
Be very careful looking at the submissions prepared by others. Anything submitted needs to clearly be all your own work.
There have been a number of cases discussed on MD recently where people have had their submission rejected by Engineers Australia as it is too similar to other previously submitted information. They WILL check for plagiarism and don't seem to be reluctant to raise their concerns.
Search the site if you want to read more about these situations
Absolutely, @SJR ! I am more interested in what should go into the general content rather than the details itself. I want to avoid having an assessment outcome that favors a professional engineer as it would not help my case.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.