EA Employment Proofs Query

Hi, i have few queries reg. employment proofs for Skill Assessment by Engineers Australia:

1. I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical in 2009 & subsequently completed Post graduate Diploma in CAD/CAM in Dec 2010. Now while in my PD Diploma, i had a full time paid employment with a contract consultancy from May 2010 to Dec 2010 & was deputed to work as Design engineer in a MNC. Question: Can i claim this period from May 2010 to Dec 2010 as work experience, i have relieving & Experience letter. In addition to this, can i claim points for my PD Diploma too?

2. In 2011 Jan, i was confirmed as full time employee in the same MNC stated above. But the problem is they have standard designations like "Developer" across organizations. My role & responsibility is still as Design engineer. Question: will this be considered as Mechanical experience by EA? i have all employment docs like salary slips, relieving & Experience letter.

3. Will EA consider work experience less than 1 year, i have all supporting employment docs.

4. Employment references are pretty hard to get. its got something to do with HR of the company. instead can i support my case with all employment docs like offer letter, Pay slips, Tax returns, Form 16 from employer, Appraisal letters, relieving & experience letters. Any deviations is suggested?

5. none of my employment docs show my designation as mechanical engineer, instead it shows as Developer, Associate Design Engineer, Design Engineer, lead Engineer. will this be accepted?

Kindly let me know if any one can help me with the above queries.

Regards,
Bhargav.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. The experience has to be post-qualification. So, if you assess based on your B.Tech., you should be able to claim points for that. Also, why do you need to claim points for PD Diploma? Is it PhD equivalent. Otherwise, I don't see a point.

2. Job description is important in your reference letter, not the job title.

3. Not sure why did you ask this.

4. You need an experience letter which describes your job responsibilities.

5. Refer to 2.

Hi,
1. ok, then that's fine...i will show only my B.Tech
2.Issue is , my employer is an IT outsourcing company & they generally don't provide job description. But if required, i can get one approved by my manager in that company but the chances look very bleak. Can i somehow manage without Job Description, at least in case of my 1st employer. rest both the employers show as "this person worked in Design & Development" and" worked in R & D Department as Associate Design engineer".
3. i have worked with an employer for only 10 months, & service certificate says "worked in R & D Department as Associate Design engineer".
4. experience letter which describes your job responsibilities - difficult to get as there is no method to validate what is the job description- but i can show statements " there is a match between the skills you possess with that of the opening we have & we are offering you the job of XXX" in my job offer letter. this is with the employer of 10 months duration. will this work , in my case?
5. Alright! Got it. But still who writes Job Description in service certificates in IT companies now a days? Pretty hard to get, let me try my luck with my ex-employer. Any deviation to this?

regards,
Bhargav.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
2. No. Having a reference letter with JD is a requirement from DIBP as well (you'll have your experience claim validated by DIBP even if you do that assessment by EA). You can try to get it from your manager/TL or at least a statutory declaration from a colleague (not junior).

Hi,

Sure...that sounds great.....i can ask my colleagues & even my manager to provide few recommendations. Thanks for the info!
Also, i have approached an agent registered under MARA. He says they have some way to circumvent these Job Descriptions & Reference letters. i am thinking , do these people really have the authority to do that...why Australian immigration folks would engage with these guys?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
They do not have any power that an individual does not have. DIBP does not engage with any of the agents, neither does it give the agents any types of extra attention or priority.

The whole process is about how you can sell yourself to DIBP. If you can prove to DIBP that your experience claims are legit, you are all okay. Also, in many cases, I have seen DIBP considered deviations from their requirements on valid grounds. For example, I have seen them exempted PC requirements from certain applicants who, despite their earnest effort, failed to collect PC from certain countries.

Another example is the statutory declaration. This is not something DIBP advised, but I just borrowed that idea from ACS to fill up your blank due to the absence of a proper experience letter with JD. I believe that, along with your payslips, bank statements, experience letter etc. would suffice to satisfy DIBP.

Lastly, have no doubt that an agent does not have any extra power than an individual like you. The only advantage they can offer is, based on their day to day activity of handling such cases, they can give a better advice on certain situations. So, if you want, you can pay them for that advisory service, or if you want to save money, you can give extra effort to do it yourself. I am not pro or against the migration agents, it should be individual's choice.

Last edited:

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Super!
Thank you for all the advice.
Frankly, i need to pay you for the advice rather than the agent!...just kidding.
Thanks a lot...will come back for more info once i start the process....
Regards,
Bhargav.

You should make a proper ID for yourself. Hence your queries wont go for a moderation approval.

Super!
Thank you for all the advice.
Frankly, i need to pay you for the advice rather than the agent!...just kidding.
Thanks a lot...will come back for more info once i start the process....
Regards,
Bhargav.
Hi Bhargav!
Did you apply for skill assessment with EA using a statutory declaration to back your employment claims? Can you pls share with us whether you were successful in it? I too am in such a predicament - my company won't provide me with a reference letter on the company's letter head. I am therefore forced to submit a statutory declaration on stamp paper.

Regards

A

Abdul Javbar

If i worked for a company which has been closed. I have the experience letter having job description but during assessment they are asking to update it with more details such as pay rate. How can i do that as there is no one in the company. I have coleages and managers but they all have got new jobs in other companies. Any suggstions what to do. I have the bank statement though

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
What assessment authority are you talking about?

Hi Bhargav!
Did you apply for skill assessment with EA using a statutory declaration to back your employment claims? Can you pls share with us whether you were successful in it? I too am in such a predicament - my company won't provide me with a reference letter on the company's letter head. I am therefore forced to submit a statutory declaration on stamp paper.

Regards
Hi,

Were you able get your assessment cleared, I am in the same situation.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.