• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Employment Reference Contact Details and Roles & Responsibility

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
Dear Admins,

I have below questions for filing the ACS.

1) The sample employment reference document provided by the ACS doesn't contain the contact number of the person who has signed the document, instead it contains the contact details of the company ?

2) The roles & responsibilities for each occupation is defined in the ACS site and will that template alone be sufficient to add it in the reference document and get it signed in the company letter pad ?

Thanks,
Swetha

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. I think either should be enough.

2. Not sure if I understood your question. You reference letter should list you responsibilities which shpuld closely match the responsibilities defined bu ACS for your nominated occupation.

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
1. I think either should be enough.

2. Not sure if I understood your question. You reference letter should list you responsibilities which shpuld closely match the responsibilities defined bu ACS for your nominated occupation.

2 - In the below website, for the occupation "Developer Programmer" there is a set of tasks included : We can just have the same template to be used for all the employment references ? Every tasks perfectly fits in my responsibilities.

<3rd party link truncated>

deltaimmigration said:
Tasks Include:
  • researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
  • identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
  • testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
  • writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
  • writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
  • providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, it will look highly suspicious if you copy-paste job responsibilities from some template. It is almost impossible to have the exact job responsibility as some website templates show.

Second, ACS used to have a very nice and summarized official document for the same, but unfortunately, the link is now dead.
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

If you have scribd account, you can get the document from
https://www.scribd.com/document/287768666/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015

You can also try to see if you can find the file ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf anywhere.

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
First of all, it will look highly suspicious if you copy-paste job responsibilities from some template. It is almost impossible to have the exact job responsibility as some website templates show.

Second, ACS used to have a very nice and summarized official document for the same, but unfortunately, the link is now dead.
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

If you have scribd account, you can get the document from
https://www.scribd.com/document/287768666/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015

You can also try to see if you can find the file ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf anywhere.

I have the ACS document in my local disk where the link is dead.

Also, few of my companies are not ready to provide the letter in the designated format. For instance,

In the sample employment reference provided by the ACS,

Ms. Swetha was employed on a full time basis as a "Developer Programmer" ("Software Engineer") with the below designations.

In the above line, couple of my companies are not ready to provide the title "Developer Programmer", they are fine with "Software Engineer" title.

Out of the 5 companies, 3 companies are ready to provide me the employment reference titled "Developer Programmer" and couple of companies stick to "Software Engineer" title. Now, it looks to me there is an consistency among the employment references on the titles. Will that create any issue ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I have the ACS document in my local disk where the link is dead.
Can you please attach the document here, to keep as a reference?

In the above line, couple of my companies are not ready to provide the title "Developer Programmer", they are fine with "Software Engineer" title.
This is very normal, I am pretty sure none of the companies I have worked with will do that as well, unless the role name is actually "Developer Programmer". I believe as long as you job responsibilities matches, the job title will have no impact what-so-ever.

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
Can you please attach the document here, to keep as a reference?

Attaching the document.

This is very normal, I am pretty sure none of the companies I have worked with will do that as well, unless the role name is actually "Developer Programmer". I believe as long as you job responsibilities matches, the job title will have no impact what-so-ever.

Sounds great. Should be fine then. I still have to get the employment reference from my current company. Once, I get that I'm good to go for filing the ACS.

Attachments

• ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf
    574.2 KB · Views: 1,098

Swetha

Commoner
Timeline missing
Dear Admins,

@Rakshanda , @MysticRiver

I have got the "Employment Reference" document in the below format.

To whom this may concern,

This is to certify that Ms. XXXXX was an employee of XXYZ (Employee ID: X123345) and was employed full time from DD YYYY until MM DD YYYY.

Ms. XXXX was employed on a full time basis as a Developer Programmer with the below designation at XXYZ, India.

Senior Engineer – Technology

MM YYYY - MM YYYY - India

She performed the following duties:

· Prepared the detailed study of technical design document for the application on analyzing the technical requirement document and prepared the Q & A sheet for clarification from the onsite team.

· Designed control flow and data flow controls in SQL Server Business Intelligence Integration Services.

· Developed complex Stored Procedures in SQL Server for bulk data processing using Transactions.

· Designed the architecture for the application through reusable components, developed and consumed Service Layer using WCF Web Services.

· Unit Testing, Simulating issues, debugging code, diagnosing root cause and taking corrective actions to fix issues in the application program, to ensure that system works as per specification and quality standards.

· Developing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards as defined in the Coding Standard Template.

· Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures.

· Deploying program code changes to production environment.

For XXYZ.,

HR Executive Name,

HR Executive

Now, in the above template I have not mentioned the skills set like .NET \ C# etc. Do we have to mention the skill set as well ? In the sample employment reference template provided by the ACS, the roles & responsibility doesn't have more than 8 points. I have also ensured that it contains only 8 bullet points.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Swetha

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you have to be specific about all the tiny details as long as your job description matches with your skill.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.