• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

employment

Mohamed

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi, during the assessing process by Engineers Australia I submitted two experience certificates relevant and previous. Actually my previous work was around 8 years ago and it was difficult to get a proper reference in my exp. cert. so I just printed the experience on the company letter with all details along with only the name of a workshop manager who is not my previous one and of course he refused to sign the paper. Consequently I sent it as is. And my assessment was POSITIVE (included the both periods). Here in the application a reference signature is MANDATORY :( as I understood and I am not able to get presently. Shall send it again without a sign. or it is advisable to issue a STATUTORY DECLARATION signed by one of my ex-colleagues?
Is it compulsory to get an authorized witness signature on the Sat. Decl. form.

My current experience is worth getting the 15 points could it be enough? or I must mention all the work experience I have?
Many thanks for your patience.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You need to submit just enough documents so that your claimed point is validated. So if your current experience covers the point you claimed in EOI, no need to bother.

In case you need that old one, and you fail to arrange any certificate, just try to collect as many documents as possible (some old payslips or bank statements showing your salary transaction, joining letter, resignation letter or even any official email correspondence .. as much as you can). Also try to request your old manager via email so that you can show them your efforts to collect them.

once they are assured that you tried your best, there is good chance that they will consider your sitiation.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Also be informed that all point claims for experience must be made within last 10 years. So, in anyway there is no point of submitting documents for experience which is more than 10 years old.

Mohamed

Wanderer
Timeline missing
You need to submit just enough documents so that your claimed point is validated. So if your current experience covers the point you claimed in EOI, no need to bother.

In case you need that old one, and you fail to arrange any certificate, just try to collect as many documents as possible (some old payslips or bank statements showing your salary transaction, joining letter, resignation letter or even any official email correspondence .. as much as you can). Also try to request your old manager via email so that you can show them your efforts to collect them.

once they are assured that you tried your best, there is good chance that they will consider your sitiation.
Many thanks and appreciate your inputs

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Just to add, you can claim points for experience that you mentioned in EOI. It is not possible that you add new experience in you application that you gained after invitation (which was not mentioned in EOI) to compensate some of the extra points you claimed in EOI.

Mohamed

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Really, I increasingly feel grateful to your priceless inputs
MysticRiver, is the Engineers Australia employment assessment highly considered by the DIBP as a matter for their reference? and if I write something different from I mentioned in the Assessment documents, the number of experience years in a certain company, for example, does it ruin my application? do you think I have to mimic the exact and precise record of the employment DATA I have given to EA ? And what is the remedy in that case if there is a variation?
Appreciated

Mohamed

Wanderer
Timeline missing
And if missed the invitation for a certain EOI will they invite me again on the same EOI or it would be neglected by them as the invitation was not fulfilled? and I have to withdraw it once they release it after the sixty days invitation expiration?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Really, I increasingly feel grateful to your priceless inputs
MysticRiver, is the Engineers Australia employment assessment highly considered by the DIBP as a matter for their reference? and if I write something different from I mentioned in the Assessment documents, the number of experience years in a certain company, for example, does it ruin my application? do you think I have to mimic the exact and precise record of the employment DATA I have given to EA ? And what is the remedy in that case if there is a variation?
Appreciated

If extra experience you are talking about was gathered after EA assessment, you can add it in visa application without any issue (because point is calculated at the time of invitation, not assessment. And it is very normal to gather extra experience between assessment and invitation and you are eligible to claim points for that extra period).

In case you have some experience prior to that which you could have included in EA assessment but you didn't, and now you want to add in your visa application, this will raise questions and you better be prepared for good explanation. How many questions will be asked, and whether they will accept it or not, it completely depends on your CO and can't be commented in advance as it may vary CO to CO.

Ragarding experience assessment with EA, last time I checked, it is not mandatory but as replied by EA, "highly recommended and could cause delay in your visa application processing if you don't perform" (there is a thread with official replu from EA about this matter in this forum, please search). However that is mainly for if you totally omitted experience assessment. But if you just do partial assessment and exclude some years when you sent to EA, and now want to claim, it might raise a valid question why did you do that if you think that is relevant experience.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
And if missed the invitation for a certain EOI will they invite me again on the same EOI or it would be neglected by them as the invitation was not fulfilled? and I have to withdraw it once they release it after the sixty days invitation expiration?

If you don't accept any invitation, your EOI will be frozen for 60 days, and after that it will be again become eligible for invitation automatically, you don't have to do anything. There is no bad impact of this, rather it is recommended if you think you overclaimed some points in your EOI.

Also you can submit multiple EOI at the same time, so rather than waiting for 60 days, you can just submit another EOI. Just make sure you don't accept invitation against 2 EOI.

Mohamed

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Great and refusing the invitation means I do not submit the related application nor pay the fees even I partly filled it up and shows in the IMMIACOUNT ready to submit, Am I right?

I would say clicking on APPLY FOR VISA does not mean I accepted the invitation as long as I haven`t submitted nor paid the fees, is it correct?

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ever click any link anywhere similar to "Accept the Invitation"? If you did, and now want to withdraw (by not submitting the application), you better clarify it with SkillSelect team if that'll be considered as not accepting invitation.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I would say clicking on APPLY FOR VISA does not mean I accepted the invitation as long as I haven`t submitted nor paid the fees, is it correct?
Theoretically correct, should act like this. But still I would suggest to check with SkillSelect team if anywhere you clicked any "Accept Invitation" button.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.