Engineer Australia degree assessment as professional or engineer technologist

Vora

Timeline missing
Hello,
I completed my Electrical engineering (4 years) in 2010, then had a break for 3 years.(doing nothing).
Than came to Australia for studying masters of management engineering(2 years) completed in 2015.
Can you please help me to know that, if I will go for degree assessment as Electrical engineer with 3 years gap, than they may assist me Engineer technologist degree?
What is chances of getting professional Engg as outcome?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If your education does not qualify for a professional engineer, I think you have to fill that gap with experience.

Vora

Timeline missing
Electrical engineer is already in SOL list, but want to know that they may access as Engineering Technologist because of gap?
If yes, than I need 65 for engineering technologist, whereas electrical engineer can gets EOI on 60 pts only.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I said. Your gap won't affect your assessment, rather your education (degree, curriculum, period etc.) will determine if you'll be assessed as engineering technologist or professional engineer.

tranlong

Timeline missing
Hello all,
I need your help as following:
1. Do they require experience year for engineer professional?
2. IELTS require is at least 6.0 each band as my understanding? It is different for professional, technologist or associate

Thank you very much.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
1. Do they require experience year for engineer professional?

I think experience is not necessarily required.

2. IELTS require is at least 6.0 each band as my understanding? It is different for professional, technologist or associate

Competent English score i.e. 6.0 lets you apply for an invite. Although it doesnt gives you any score in your EOI. There's no difference for the requirements of pro,tech,assoc. However some states appreciate candidates with higher IELTS scores.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.