• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EA Engineers Australia doubts and questions

Ark

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi

I have done skills assessment but EA didn't count my work experience before degree completion date.

i have worked for 3 years plus after diploma but before obtaining my part time degree.

This reduced work experience gives me reduced points( only 10) and has an impact on my overall score at 50. with that 3 yrs exp i can get 15 points and over all score at 55 pts.

pls advice if i can mention all experience in EOI or only experiences recognized by EA.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Ideally, you can claim points for experience that your assessment authority allows you.

For information, ACS also recognize post-qualification experience only. Any experience before you completed your qualification considered non points claimable. So, it is quite common in assessing authority to exclude pre-qualification experience.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thank u.

Yes, its safe to claim the recognized exp.
no other way got to score in english to claim points.
Yes it is.

Btw, sorry, but was the last line a question or comment?

shabaranks

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello, please i need your help with a few questions. I have a bachelor honours degree in Computer science and I.T. i also have 5 years of working experience as a Telecommunications Network Engineer.
Do you think i will get a positive assessment under Engineers Australia? Although my degree is more of ICT courses. I am thinking my work experience should be able to help. Your candid advice will be appreciated

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, unlike ACS, EA does not list any restriction on the field of qualification. Specially with your telecommunication experience, I tend to think you can do that. However, you might want to send an email to EA for further clarification.

Ark

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi , Just my thinking and comments

Since you have a degree in Com Sci and I.T. and exp as a network engineer , you can try ACS first because most of the Skill assessment authorities look into your course more than your exp. Also i think that network engineering is a part of I.T.

Like mystic river mentioned, EA doesn't state any restriction but check with them before doing anything.

I will go to ACS before going to EA. In a worst case scenario, you will have to forfeit your money about AUD$400.

ACS is cheaper than EA and also more easier because of the following:

ACSEA
No ieltsneed ielts
No need CDRneed CDR unless ur edu from sydney/washington/dublin accord
lot cheaperLittle expensive than ACS
lot quickerlittle slow

EA sometime refund money based on case by case basis which happened to me. My first application money was refunded after submitting second application.

Pls update here whatever happens for the benefit of others.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi , Just my thinking and comments

Since you have a degree in Com Sci and I.T. and exp as a network engineer , you can try ACS first because most of the Skill assessment authorities look into your course more than your exp. Also i think that network engineering is a part of I.T.

Like mystic river mentioned, EA doesn't state any restriction but check with them before doing anything.

I will go to ACS before going to EA. In a worst case scenario, you will have to forfeit your money about AUD$400.

ACS is cheaper than EA and also more easier because of the following:

ACSEA
No ieltsneed ielts
No need CDRneed CDR unless ur edu from sydney/washington/dublin accord
lot cheaperLittle expensive than ACS
lot quickerlittle slow

EA sometime refund money based on case by case basis which happened to me. My first application money was refunded after submitting second application.

Pls update here whatever happens for the benefit of others.

You are absolutely right, that is the usual and conventional approach.

However, I can guess why @shabaranks wants to try this unconventional path. If he goes through ACS, he won't be able to claim any experience (telecommunication engineering is not relevant to ICT in most of the cases, with few exceptions of people who works in switch, billing, IN etc. departments). But if he can manage to pass it through EA, he can have both his bachelor and experience count :).

shabaranks

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks guys for the info. I called EA today, and they told me that they cannot assess my degree because it is not an engineering degree irrespective of the fact that I have 5years of work experience. Although most of my course content are I.T related, I also did courses such as Wireless telecommunication, Data communication, Mobile telecommunication etc, and my degree project were all Telecommunication project. Since EA cant assess my qualification, my best bet is ACS.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.