• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

General Enquiry after obtaining PR for visa subclass 190

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions after being nominated by VIC receiving PR for visa subclass 190. Hope you guys could help answer those that you know.
Thanks! :)
  1. After I have successfully received PR for visa 190, how long will the visa allow me to find a job?
  2. Where can I find for information regarding the Initial Entry Date on the official website as I can't seem to find it?
  3. In regards to Q2, for instance if I was granted the visa 190 somewhere in October 2018 and I've already made the first entry (based on the IED mentioned in grant letter), is it possible for me to start a job maybe next year in February 2019 or would I be given a certain timeframe to look for one?
  4. @MysticRiver - I understand based on this thread you created The validity of subclass 189 and 190 Visa , you stated that the visa is valid forever but the entry to Australia is closed after 5 years unless changing visa type. Does changing visa type also mean re-applying a new visa 189/190? Also, would it be better to just apply RRV after the 5 years passes?
  5. If my wife wants to get PR sponsored by me but not so soon (maybe in a couple of years time), should I have ticked the option as "Yes" shown below as true during EOI process?
    "Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?"
  6. In regards to Q5, if I ticked the option as "No", can i still directly sponsor my wife PR as my dependent after I have gotten the PR for visa 190?

JanithaR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-22
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-04-21
After I have successfully received PR for visa 190, how long will the visa allow me to find a job?
190 visa is forever, so you will have forever to find a job.
In regards to Q2, for instance if I was granted the visa 190 somewhere in October 2018
You said you were granted the visa and this conflicts your own statement.
If my wife wants to get PR sponsored by me but not so soon (maybe in a couple of years time), should I have ticked the option as "Yes" shown below as true during EOI process?
No.
In regards to Q5, if I ticked the option as "No", can i still directly sponsor my wife PR as my dependent after I have gotten the PR for visa 190?
Again there's a conflict in your visa status. It would be best if you clarify whether you got the 190 grant or not. And assuming you have been granted now and not married, after a couple of years time when you get married there's a separate visa which your wife needs to apply.

Update your timeline as well, please.

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
190 visa is forever, so you will have forever to find a job.

You said you were granted the visa and this conflicts your own statement.

No.

Again there's a conflict in your visa status. It would be best if you clarify whether you got the 190 grant or not. And assuming you have been granted now and not married, after a couple of years time when you get married there's a separate visa which your wife needs to apply.

Update your timeline as well, please.
Hey @JanithaR . Forgot to mention (can't edit the initial topic anymore) that the above questions are only based on the assumption that I have already been granted the visa by a state. As of now I am in the midst of applying EOI but I just wanna be sure of the next steps well ahead of time so I can plan properly. I hope you could re-answer the questions I gave earlier (especially Q3). Thanks a bunch! :)

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
It's confusing. Could you please rephrase.
Note: I have not received a grant officially yet. The questions given are just assumptions

Questions 1 - 3 are pretty much related to each other
For Q3 : I'm placing myself in the situation in which I have already received PR for subclass 190 this year [2018] and wondering if I could start a job in Australia next year [2019].

Questions 5 & 6 are pretty much related to each other
For Q5: I'm placing myself in the situation in which I'm in the midst of submitting the EOI and wondering if I need to tick "Yes" or "No" for the future application of family members part
For Q6: I'm placing myself in the situation in which I have already received PR for subclass 190, ticked the previous Q5 in the EOI as "No" and wondering If i could still sponsor my wife a PR.

Sorry if I made it sound confusing. Do let me know if you need any clarifications on the questions :D

JanithaR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-22
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-04-21
If you get your grant quickly then of course you can start your job in 2019. For the other questions the already given answers stand as they are.

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
If you get your grant quickly then of course you can start your job in 2019. For the other questions the already given answers stand as they are.
Ahh i see, thanks! Would that actually mean that after I successfully received my grant, I can begin working in the state anytime as long as I complete the 2 years working state requirement within the 5 years timeframe given?

Here's a example:
Grant date : October 2018
Company in Australia start date : February 2020 [after managing to find a job]

Would the above scenario be allowed since the grant is somewhere in 2018 and the job is found 2 years later but still within the 5 year timeframe?

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks once again.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I understand based on this thread you created The validity of subclass 189 and 190 Visa , you stated that the visa is valid forever but the entry to Australia is closed after 5 years unless changing visa type. Does changing visa type also mean re-applying a new visa 189/190?
You can do that, but nobody has done that ever, in my knowledge. People usually just apply for an RRV.

Also, would it be better to just apply RRV after the 5 years passes?
If you need to travel outside Australia, yes.

In regards to Q5, if I ticked the option as "No", can i still directly sponsor my wife PR as my dependent after I have gotten the PR for visa 190?
Once your visa is granted, you cannot add anyone to your visa. Your wife would need to apply for Partner's visa in that case (subclass 309/100 or 820/801).

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
You can do that, but nobody has done that ever, in my knowledge. People usually just apply for an RRV.
If you need to travel outside Australia, yes.
Ok noted on this.

Once your visa is granted, you cannot add anyone to your visa. Your wife would need to apply for Partner's visa in that case (subclass 309/100 or 820/801).
Question 1 : What actually happens when i tick the below as "Yes" during EOI and provide her information? Does it mean my wife can follow me once my visa gets granted? Also, what kind of information does my wife need to provide if i tick "Yes"?
"Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?"

Question 2: Let's say i got granted in 2018, my wife might probably not be able to follow me yet. She might only get to go to Australia after my visa grant date which could be in 2023. Should i still tick the application as "Yes" or "No" during EOI for the family members part?

Thanks @MysticRiver

JanithaR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-22
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-04-21
1. If you're not married ticking the yes is absurd.
Let's say i got granted in 2018
She might only get to go to Australia after my visa grant date which could be in 2023. Should i still tick the application as "Yes" or "N
Again you're conflicting your own statements.

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
I did mention wife in this thread which means I'm married :p

Again you're conflicting your own statements.
For Q2
Visa grant date : October 2018 (Assumption)
Wife moving to Australia date : 2023 (approx 5 years after my grant date in 2018 which would mean by visa is expired?)

Not sure which part I'm conflicting but I hope this helps clarify the previous reply. Thanks!

JanithaR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-22
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-04-21
I did mention wife in this thread which means I'm married :p
In that case not ticking Yes is at your discretion.

If ticked Yes,
Wife doesn't have to do anything special and no restrictions will apply to her.
Else
Wife has to apply for PR separately as your spouse.

I was confused by the way you described things. NVM now, I understood.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Simply said, you should answer yes only if you want to add her as a secondary applicant in your visa application (that you'll submit after getting an invitation). If you do that (add her in your application), she'll get the same visa as you at the same time. If you don't, she'll have to apply separately.

moonriver

Wanderer
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
70/75
Simply said, you should answer yes only if you want to add her as a secondary applicant in your visa application (that you'll submit after getting an invitation). If you do that (add her in your application), she'll get the same visa as you at the same time. If you don't, she'll have to apply separately.
Thanks @MysticRiver ! I guess I won’t be including her in this application since she won’t be able to join me just yet. Will probably do a partner visa when the time comes.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.