EOI Experience vs ACS Experience

Singh2015

Timeline missing
Hi,

I've got my ACS and I'm now filling up the EOI for Visa Subclass 189 & 190. However, I'm not sure how much experience I should enter in EOI.
Here is what ACS said in their letter.
-------------------ACS------------------
The following employment after November 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 11/10 - 11/13 (3yrs 0mths)
Position: xyz
Employer: A

Dates: 12/13 - 04/15 (1yrs 4mths)
Position: abc
Employer: B
-----------------------------------------

Please help me decide which of the below examples I shall enter in my EOI.

EXAMPLE 1
Date From: 11/10
Date To: 11/12
Related Employment: NO

Date From: 12/12
Date To: 11/13
Related Employment: YES

Date From: 12/13
Date To: 04/15

EXAMPLE 2
Date From: 11/10

EXAMPLE 3
Date From: 11/12

Thanks!!

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion, you should go for Example 1 .. To be certain, just email ACS for clarification.

Anyhow, you are not claiming any points for employment anyway, are you? I guess minimum point requires at least 5 years of experience. So it's better to be on the safe side.

Kamy

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I have put it similar to Example1 except that first part which you are showing as Related Employment=No because it was related employment but adjusted towards Degree to make it equivalent to AQF. So the way I put it is like below.

Date From: 12/12

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello Admin/Kamy,

Like others, I am also stuck in say ditch while showcasing experience. So as per your suggestion only mention the months after which ACS has accessed the suitability of your experience for which I will be clamming the points. For me they have accessed positive experience after July 2008, so can I mention from 1 Aug 2008 as valid experience.

Also, any idea what’s about rest of 2 years of experience which ACS has deducted in lieu of adjusting it with AQF. Though, I cannot claim them as if I do it will increase my point for work Ex, from 10 to 15 but can I still put them in the EOI and mention as not clamming the points. I hope there is no harm in that, but I still leave the final view on you experts as I know the consequence of clamming extra point in EOI will have me pay rejection in Visa Grant.

Cheers !!!

Thank you for taking time out of precious busy life for helping us and saving us from paying high fees for migration agent.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For me they have assessed positive experience after July 2008, so can I mention from 1 Aug 2008 as valid experience.
Ofcourse, but why not from 1 July 2008?

Also, any idea what’s about rest of 2 years of experience which ACS has deducted in lieu of adjusting it with AQF. Though, I cannot claim them as if I do it will increase my point for work Ex, from 10 to 15 but can I still put them in the EOI and mention as not clamming the points.
Below what the documentation says (just including parts related to this question):
DIBP said:
Provide details of the client’s employment history for the last 10 years.
A client is considered skilled and therefore eligible for claiming employment points from the date the relevant assessing authority considers a client to be skilled in the nominated occupation.
IMPORTANT: Clients who have an opinion on their skilled employment from the relevant assessing authority should enter employment periods as specified on the letter from the assessing authority.
While the client is able to include previous employment that is not related to the nominated or closely related occupation, no points will be awarded.

So, I would recommend to include all 10 years employment history with below option for extra employment (which ACS didn't recognize)
EOI Question said:
Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? = NO
And make sure that employment is not counted towards your point (you'll be notified about your total point once you click submit EOI button). If in any case you see they are still counting that (which should not be the case, but I have not tested myself), just edit your EOI to delete those terms.

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
WOW Splendid!!!

So, no harm in updating all the experience but making sure to say no to the claim point of 2 years which was deducted by ACS. So Ideally my valid work ex start from 1 July 2008 and thereafter and not 1 Aug as I though that they have mentioned after july 2008 so I should be clamming them from Aug 2008.

Also, I can edit EOI after submitting, that was quite a relieving for me. I was in view that it’s a one way zone, once submitted you cannot make any changes. So during the time I am waiting for invite, in case I have something more to add in the EOI which can increase totality of my points I can still do that.

You are surely a life saver, making multiple lives smile and getting their dreams come true.

Cheers m8!!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So Ideally my valid work ex start from 1 July 2008 and thereafter and not 1 Aug as I though that they have mentioned after july 2008 so I should be clamming them from Aug 2008.
It's how they mentioned in your assessment certificate. If they say from July 2008 - XXX, you can include July in your points claim. If they say AFTER July 2008, you need to count from 1 Aug 2008. I have not seen any recent ACS assessment certificate myself, but logically it should be the former case (From July 2008). Another way to be sure is, just deduct 2 years from your whole experience (that you submitted to ACS) and check whether the remaining starts from July or August.

Also, I can edit EOI after submitting, that was quite a relieving for me. I was in view that it’s a one way zone, once submitted you cannot make any changes. So during the time I am waiting for invite, in case I have something more to add in the EOI which can increase totality of my points I can still do that.
You can edit your EOI anytime before you get your invitation. Once you get you invitation, your EOI will be locked and can not be edited anymore. However, if you discover some mistakes in your EOI after you get your invitation, just do not accept the invitation and you will be fine. Your EOI will be unlocked (invitation will be revoked automatically) after 60 days. Even if you don't want to wait that 60 days, just forget about that EOI and create a new one, no harm. Just make sure you do NOT accept the invitation with false/mistaken claim in your EOI.

The only catch is, every time you update your EOI, it will be considered as new EOI (so your EOI submission date will be reset to your update date).

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Excellent!!!

I am just speechless, with such a informative and detailed reply.

I feel strong and more confident now, initially i regretted that I didn't chose the agent but now I feel lucky because of experts like you who help out of their own experience and knowledge.

Cheers and god bless us all.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Good Luck ... It should not be an issue if you have your documents ready.

Don't forget to share the good news once you have your Visa granted.

Cheers

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I shall surely keep you posted as and when my application advance to next level, right now I am just finalizing my EOI and would be waiting for invite under 190 category with total of 60 points including 5 points of State based nomination.

Do think that stand a chance with just 60 points in total.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, of course. The time period will depend on your occupation's demand.

Leno

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello!
I am in need of your help. I am currently in the process of applying for skilled independent visa with 60 points. Since I left the employment history on EOI blank as Im not claiming points for any working experience, the visa application now asks to list all employment history for the past 10 years. I have listed it all and have marked all of my experience as 'not relevant to nominated occupation' except for my current employment which is relevant to nominated occupation but have only worked there for 4 months. Since I dont have my current employment assessed and it is less than 1yr experince in Australia, should I tick 'YES' as it is relevant but less than 1yr experience, or should I tick 'NO' as irrelevant to nominated occupation Please someone help.
Kind regards.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You should put it relevant = Yes if it is relevant. No point is going to be added anyway as you have only 4 months experience.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You are talking about EOI, right? In EOI, you don't need to give any evidence. All evidence you have to provide during Visa processing, and you will be specifically advised what documents you need to submit. But as you are not claiming points for your experience, there should not be any requirement for that.

Leno

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I have also only included bachelor degree in EOI as Im claiming point for it. Now the visa application has asked to list all education history starting from secondary level. Should I list my other qualifications also? I am only concerned that Immi will find this unusual causing a refusal for me not stating all qualification and employment history on EOI but now stating them on visa application. Sorry for asking so many questions.
Regards.

Leno

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I am referring to visa application (189 Skilled independent). It is clear that I do not have to provide evidence for employment history as I am not claiming point for. Again thank you so much for your enlightment. I am now confident to submit my application. Much appreciated.xx

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You should put secondary level as they have asked it. I don't think it'll be a issue unless you claimed for extra points or any false claim in EOI. As long as you can prove your claims of EOI, it should be alright. The opposite should not be a major issue. In the highly unlikely case of them asking, you can just always tell them the true reason that you thought that is not necessary as they were not adding to your points.

The main think is your Visa Application, EOI is just for calculating your points.

Leno

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello!
I am in need of your help. I am currently in the process of applying for skilled independent visa with 60 points. Since I left the employment history on EOI blank as Im not claiming points for any working experience, the visa application now asks to list all employment history for the past 10 years. I have listed it all and have marked all of my experience as 'not relevant to nominated occupation' except for my current employment which is relevant to nominated occupation but have only worked there for 4 months. Since I dont have my current employment assessed and it is less than 1yr experince in Australia, should I tick 'YES' as it is relevant but less than 1yr experience, or should I tick 'NO' as irrelevant to nominated occupation Please someone help.
Kind regards.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.