• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EOI for 189 with 75 points - no invitation yet

nj2nsw

Wanderer
MSA
2018-09-09
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-10-24
Hello,

I filed for EOI - skill independent subclass 189 on October 25, 2018, but haven't heard anything. I have a total of 70 +5 partner skills = 75 points. I'm wondering why I haven't received an invite even though I see some folks with same points have been invited in Nov/Dec 2018.

Any help/comment is greatly appreciated.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As you can see here, the cutoff for your occupation (261112) on 11th round was 75 points with DOE of 3rd October 2018. Furthermore, you can also see that in each round, the DOE advances around 10-15 days. Given that there have been 2 rounds between now and 11th Jan, the latest cutoff should be around 23-30 October 2018. Based on the fact that you haven't received your invitation on 11th March round as well, I guess the cutoff was just a few days earlier than your DOE (25th October), and most likely you'll get your invitation in the next round.

I see some folks with same points have been invited in Nov/Dec 2018.
Either they were from another skill, or they have an earlier DOE compared to yours.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
189 invitations are point-based, higher points get invitations first. If you haven't received it, you don't have enough points at this moment.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can check the minimum points for each round in the page below

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.