divya178

MSA
2017-07-24
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-08-21
Hey! We submitted our EOI on August/21/2017, under 263111 (Computer Network and SystemsEngineer) of the ANZSCO Code. Points claimed were 65 under subclass 189. We haven't received our invite yet. I saw the ceiling list and this role code has only been filled by 47%. Is there any reason why it's taking this long for us to receive our invite or is it normal for us to wait 6 months+?. I have a few ex colleagues who applied under the same role code and received their invites within 2-4 months in 2015 & 2016.
How long do you think we'll need to wait for the invite? Any information that I get will be helpful.
Also I saw a post on the DIBP systems being hacked and they have not been sending out invitations since November and were to resume again in January. Is this a possible reason for the delay in sending out the invite?

The invitation numbers will reset July/01, will I need to submit an EOI again? Or is each EOI valid for 12 months.
I know there's a lot of discussion threads going on and a lot of information floating around but I wanted to put out my query so that I can collate all the info in one place. Appreciate your help, advice, just any reassurance at this point.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Also I saw a post on the DIBP systems being hacked and they have not been sending out invitations since November and were to resume again in January. Is this a possible reason for the delay in sending out the invite?
Reference? There has been regular invitation rounds in Nov & Dec, albeit the number reduced in Dec.

The invitation numbers will reset July/01, will I need to submit an EOI again?
Each EOI remains valid for 2 years, you don't have to resubmit within that period unless you want to.

I know there's a lot of discussion threads going on and a lot of information floating around but I wanted to put out my query so that I can collate all the info in one place.
You realize what will happen if everyone think like this, right?

divya178

MSA
2017-07-24
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-08-21
@MysticRiver
You realize what will happen if everyone think like this, right?

I do realise it & I appreciate your response even more. Is there info you can help me with on possible wait time?

The last EOI being called at 65 points had DOE of January 2017, so you have almost 10 months backlog waiting ahead before you get a call.

Does this stand true. for my situation as well?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.