• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

bunnyhops

Timeline missing
Hi all

I received an invite for the Subclass 190 Visa from NSW today. Registered Nurse, 80 points. I submitted my EOI stating I have 1 to 3 years of work experience.

However I just found out today that I am only allowed to count work experience AFTER the date of my skills assessment (August 2021), which would mean I have less than 1 year of eligible work experience (5 less points). Is this true? I read this here:

"For the purposes of NSW nomination, you are only eligible to claim skilled employment after the date you have been deemed skilled on your skills assessment. Claiming employment before this date will result in any application to NSW being declined if it results in you losing points."

Can someone confirm if this is true or not?

What should I do?

1) If I do not accept the invite, what happens to my application? Can I correct the info after the invitation expires and will I receive another invite at some point in the future if I just let this one expire? I assume I should NOT accept because this will be declined (although it was a mistake at the time of EOI submission) - is this correct? Unless I can correct this now? Please help!!

2) How likely will I receive another invite with just 75 points (instead of 80) -it meets the minimum for my profession but I have been told chance are low?

Thank you so much.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone confirm if this is true or not?
If you are quoting this from NSW website directly, that should be true because that's the ultimate reference for state nomination.

If I do not accept the invite, what happens to my application?
Are you talking about state nomination or EOI invitation? Anyway, in either case, it's fine. But why would you wait until the invitation/nomination rather than correcting now (you didn't mention you got invitation already, so I assume you haven't).

Can I correct the info after the invitation expires and will I receive another invite at some point in the future if I just let this one expire?
Yes to both, to my knowledge.

I assume I should NOT accept because this will be declined (although it was a mistake at the time of EOI submission) - is this correct?
If you over claim point, you always run the risk of a rejection. So this would be safe path to reapply with correct information.

Base on your quote above, NSW nomination process most likely reject the case, if noticed.

However, for visa processing stage, I think there is a new legislation which allows DHA to reevaluate work experience independent of skill assessment. That might offer some leeway, but you should research about that new legislation because I haven't followed that for quite some time.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.