• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Expected date of EOI ?

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear Mystic River,

Hope you are fine and will be in good health.

Need your kind help.

I have submitted my EOI on 22 April 2016 for NSW with points 55+ 5(SS) against following occupation.

263111 (Computer and Networks)

Can you please confirm (as i know you can not confirm the exact date) just for the relief when i can get the EOI invitation ?

I will lose the points of age on December.

Thanks
Imtiaza

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anybody can confirm this, even not DIBP, because mans past and future things will affect this decision.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
The is statistics for non-state sponsored applications, not subclass 190. For 190, whenever state approve your sponsorship, you'll get invitation to apply.

I have no idea.

MysticRiver, please confirm do you have any link for subclass 190. which can help us to know how many nominations they have given till this date.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear MysticRiver,

I have just checked my ACS details. They have wrote comments as below.

1) Your Master of Science in Computer Science From XYZ completed May 2007 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a
major in computing.

2) Your Bachelor of Computer Science (Honors) from ABC completed August 2000 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

According to below website details
http://www.aqf.edu.au/aqf/in-detail/aqf-levels/

As per my understanding

I have Level 7 for Point 1 above
I have Level 6 for Point 2 above

(Please correct me)

Query :- Just need to know from your good self that how much points i should get from my Education. 15 or 10 ?

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can claim points for your highest education, i.e. Bachelor in this case. Also Bachelor and Masters offer same points, only PhD has +5 extra.

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear MysticRiver,

Today is 28 Aug 16 and still waiting for EOI,
MysticRiver, can you please help me to confirm how much points i have from following information.
I have EOI for NSW (SS).

1. Age:- 38 = 25 Points
  2. English :- 6 each = 0 Points
  3. Australian work experience = No = 0 Points
  4. Overseas work experience = 08 years = 15 Points
I add 08 Years as per this comments from ACS
The following employment after May 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 11/02 - 03/15 (12yrs 4mths)

1. Educational Qualifications = (Bachelor degree (including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters)) = 15 Points
I select this option because, ACS comments this on my ACS report.
1) Your Master of Science in Computer Science From XYZ completed May 2007 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a
major in computing.
2) Your Bachelor of Computer Science (Honors) from ABC completed August 2000 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

1. Australian study qualifications = No = 0 Points
  2. Sponsorship by state or territory government = NSW = 5 Points

So total points = 60.

Please suggest my chance ?

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, please note this forum is about helping each other, not forecasting, because that would be false pretense as not enough data is released by DIBP.

Submitting EOI is free of charge, so no harm in submitting, no matter what your chances are.

And my personal opinion, yours is a high demand occupation, so if possible try to increase point (this is not any forecast, please note).

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear Mystic River,

Just need to know that from above mentioned points can i apply for 489 (Without Sponsorship)

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 - requires sponsorship by a relative living in a designated area or a state or territory government. For further details see the Skilled Regional Sponsored page.

Thanks
Malik Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
489 has to be either state sponsored or family sponsored. You can apply for 489 (family sponsored) if you have a qualifying relative in Australia. There are some rules associated, check the link below. If you apply in 489, you will receive 10 extra points with your base point (55+10). But note that, you will be granted temporary residency initially, which you can apply to convert to permanent residency after minimum 2 years of stay in Australia.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/sub-class-489-family-sponsored-visa.101/

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Thank you so very much for the quick and details reply. ...:)

Just need to know that if i do not have any family sponsorship then How can i apply or get State Sponsored ?

As i have mentioned MY POINTS details above.

Your kind help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you do not have any relative, you have to apply for state sponsorship similar to 190, then while submitting EOI, you have to apply for 489. You will have extra 10 points in EOI then, provided you agree to the criteria (live and work in designated area).

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear Mystic River,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Can you please help me to confirm that which Region i can apply with my points ?
Thanks

BR's
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Dear Mystic River,

On some forum, some one replied below comments, do you have any information regarding this.

Australian Immigration is badly behind the 263111 Computer Network and Systems engineers, there are 300+ rejections in 3 Months of Last Year EOIs, IT people have edited documents and submitted, fake experience letter and got caught red handed, be cautious.

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I am not aware of that exact statistics. But of course, if you have everything authentic, you don't have to worry, right?

imtiaza

Commoner
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2016-04-22
Well, I am not aware of that exact statistics. But of course, if you have everything authentic, you don't have to worry, right?
Dear MysticRiver,

Still no response from there side. I am still waiting for the INVITATION.
Please suggest what should i do. Its almost 8 months i submitted EOI ...:(

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, DIBP does not release any occupation-wise information for subclass 190, so it is impossible to know what is the current status. But from the experience of others, I guess 60 points might not be easy to receive invitation for NSW, specially in ICT occupations. But of course, situation can change anytime.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.