Experience earned before qualification - how ACS handles it

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Guys just wanted to know that how many years of experience ACS will deduct from my total experience and how many point I may get for my education and Experience.

B.Com - 2001
A Level - 2004 (DOEACC NIELTS)
MCA (SMUDE) - 2008 -2010

Work experience in IT field from Oct 2004 ...

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks for the information.

I have a doubt whether they will consider my MCA degree (distance learning) which I have completed in 2008-2010 however I started working in IT filed after completing my Diploma (A Level) in October 2004.

Please help me to understand.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Qualification (degree) has nothing to do when you start your profession. If you qualification meets Australian standard, they'll except it anyway.

However, you can claim points for experience only from the time when both suitability criteria were met AND your qualification was finished.

Let say, your degree was assessed as Bachelor with ICT major content.
  • So, you need 2 years experience deduction (that makes skill employment started from Oct 2006)
  • But then, your qualification was finished in May 2010, (which makes skill employment started from Jun 2010).
  • So, you will be able to claim point for experience from June 2010.

ACS said:
If your work experience is completed before the completion date of your qualification, the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be determined on the earliest date that BOTH the relevant work experience and the qualifications are completed.

All relevant work experience completed after the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be considered Skilled Employment and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as Skilled Employment and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

Example:
  • You complete 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2003 until Jan 2005
  • You complete another 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2006 until Jan 2008
  • You complete a 3 year relevant Bachelor degree in Jan 2011
  • You complete a final 1 year of relevant work experience from Jan 2012 until Jan 2013
  • The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be Jan 2011 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work experience AND the relevant qualification are completed
  • Only relevant work experience completed after Jan 2011 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for migration points test
  • All work experience completed before Jan 2011 is NOT eligible for migration points test

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks for the information however my doubt is...Whether they will consider b.com (2001) and Doeacc A level (2004) as ICT major or minor. If yes, then will they deduct only 4 years or 5 years if experience??

Because my education A level diploma act as my education in Information technology..

Please advice.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Anything less than a bachelor in ICT major/minor would result a minimum deduction of 5 years. Also, I am not sure why are you defing A level as a diploma. The education system I am familiar with, A level is under secondary education, not tertiary education.

The decision of ICT major/minor will depend on ICT content of your degree curriculum, so can't comment on that (check link below).

Finally, ACS will consider all the combination and assess for the best case scenario (for which you'd be able to claim most points under circumstances).

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...riteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
A level is Diploma which i have done after bachelor as a basic for my computer education is considered as below.

• A Level (Advanced), one-year post-diploma level ( AICTE approved by NIELT former DOEACC)

Wanted to know the value of this degree?

Please help.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I am not aware of that degree. You can lodge your assessment, and ACS will determine. However, they are still going to deduct at least 5 years (non bachelor)

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello Sir,

One more information needed to clarify.

I Started working from Oct 2004 ( nominated occupation) ...total experience is 12 years in nominated occupation.

Education details:
=============
B.com Completed 2001
A-Level (Diploma) Completed 2004 (nominated occupation)
MCA (Master Degree) Completed 2010 (nominated occupation )

Based on above information how much experience will be deducted and from which year based on below.

"If your work experience is completed before the completion date of your qualification, the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be determined on the earliest date that BOTH the relevant work experience and the qualifications are completed."

Thanks,
Amit

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Sir,

My mca degree is ict major so in that case how many years they will deduct. Job started in 2004 and degree competed in 2010 but degree is in nominated occupation.. So will they count experience from 2004 or 2010? And how many years deduction?

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Let say (just hypothetically, as I don't know with certainty), your B.Com is non ICT, and MCA is ICT major masters equivalent.

In that case, in my opinion, ACS will assess two scenarios, with non-ICT degree (with 6 years experience deduction from your total experience) and with ICT major degree (where the experience will be counted since 2010). Then whichever yields better experience count for you, they will allow that.

Amitagrawal06

Wanderer
Timeline missing
If MCA is ICT major then what about my experience from 2004 - 2010 .. Will it be considered NILL? However my experience in database start from 2004..

If A Level ( Advanced computer diploma -2004) considered as ICT minor then 5 years deduction in total experience?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.. Or in case they consider mca ict major..will the experience will count from 2004 with 2 years of deduction??

Very confusing matrix..

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Check the table in the post I pasted couple of links earlier, that contains a table of different scenario and year deduction.

You have to keep in mind that, which ever education they will consider, the valid experience will be from the day you finished your degree but deduction will be from the total experience.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.