ACS experience increased post ACS

Ninad

Timeline missing
Hi All,

I am currently in very initial stages. Have one doubt with 189 subclass

Points as of now (Before my birthday 15th Nov 2016)
30 points. I will loose 5 point after birthday
Qualification: 15 points
Work exp: 10 points (i have more than 9 years 3 months of exp in IT). Started working on 14 May 2007
ielts : 0 points (gave 1 attempt but dint get 7 band. Need to appear again)
Total: 55 points

Considering the time left before my birthday and time required for me to clear ielts with 7 band , i dont think it is possible currently to apply before Nov 2016.

However I am completing my 10 years of experience in May 2017 so it will give me additional 5 points. Till that time i can try to clear ielts with 7 band.

1. My question is if i do my ACS now (experience is 9 years and 3 months) and if i file my EOI around May 2017 will they consider 10 year or 9 years? or I have to do the ACS again?

2. Another question is does it make any difference if i have 60 points or 65 points? I mean does extra 5 points make any better chances of getting invite?

3. Please suggest if there are any other options for me?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. If you continue in the same/similar job, you have a good argument for claiming those post-assessment years of experience, so I think that will not be an issue.

However, I would suggest not to apply so early, rather plan it 2/3 months prior to your EOI submission. There is no advantage of having been assessed so early, rather ACS assessment has limited time validity.

Another thing is, you won't be able to claim full experience because ACS will deduct some of your experience. How many years they will deduct depends on your qualification. Check below link for details

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...riteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

Make sure you read the rules in detail because it seems you are not aware of all the rules (you can browse different posts here as well to have an idea of versatile case studies).

2. Hell lots of difference. Each month DIBP invite limited number of people based on their points (higher point comes first, among same points earlier EOI takes priority). There are few occupations where you have to wait for months (if not year) before you get the invitation. The more point you have, the more chance you have for an invitation. 60 point just allows you to submit the EOI, but does not guarantee you an invitation.

3. Check the below post if you can increase your point by any means.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...riteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

Ninad

Timeline missing
Thanks for your quick response MysticRiver.

I would be applying for software engineer. I have done my initial evaluation from a well know consultant in India and as per the report 2 years will be deducted for suitability and 8 years will be calculated as my experience. As far as i know for 8 years i would get 15 points (please corect me if wrong).

I am continuing in same job so should i do my ACS after May 2017 or it is fine to do it just few months before May 2017?If fine before May 2017 do i have to submit any documents during EOI to claim that gap?

Q4. Is there any specific time in the year during which you apply and have good chances to get the invite? As i understand openings start from July or August.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As far as i know for 8 years i would get 15 points (please corect me if wrong).
Correct

I am continuing in same job so should i do my ACS after May 2017 or it is fine to do it just few months before May 2017?If fine before May 2017 do i have to submit any documents during EOI to claim that gap?
Should be fine, you just need to provide latest experience letter after you submit application (not EOI).

Is there any specific time in the year during which you apply and have good chances to get the invite?
Not really, all the EOIs from past year carried forward. The earlier you submit, the more chance you have.

Hi, I also have the similar question on applying ACS again.
My case is: I have started my career in Feb 2007 till Mar 2010
And then from Nov 2010 till date.
As I am done with the 10 years of total experience so I had applied my ACS in Feb 2018 and got my ACS evaluation in April 2018. But they have asked to consider my experience from Feb 2010 in application. With this way they have removed first 3 years of my experience instead of 2 years ( I am not sure why) and because of this my total considerable experience in April was 7.5 years. Thus I have not got 15 points and my total score is 65 instead of 70. I had done my EOI in April and its still waiting.

Now as I am nearing to my 8 years of experience in Aug end my question here is do I need to apply for the ACS again or I can use the existing evaluation. I have not changed my job till date and is working in same organization.
I think you have already answered this but I am asking just to be certain if there is any case I need to apply again as I have already used my ACS details once in the above EOI which I had submitted in April 2018.

Also I would like to know how I can update my EOI so that my 8 years are considered and I get score of 70.

Thanks in advance.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'll post my thoughts on this tonight in Information section, keep an eye there.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.