Guide Expression of Interest (EOI): step by step guide (Subclass 189)

shuiwutiancao

Timeline missing
Hey, I have this question about passport: Does the client have other current passports?

I have a Chinese passport for private usage (the one I usually use) and a service passport for public affair which is also issued in China. However, the latter is only for business purpose and kept by my employer. I have only used it once and now I don't have access to it unless for business.

How should I answer the question above? Thanks.

D

Daya R Pokharel

I am over 45 but have a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry with more than 25 years of experience in teaching and research at Nepalese Medical Schools. My profession " Biochemist" is in the high-demand skilled profession list. When I filled up the online EOI form for a skilled visa, I got a message like this "The client is unable to complete an EOI for the selected visa types in SkillSelect. This incomplete EOI will remain in SkillSelect for 2 years. During this time, personal details can be updated at any stage." The reasons given for this were:

The EOI for this subclass will not be considered for an invitation at this time, because according to the client's claims:
  • The client does not have a skills assessment
  • The client's age is above the maximum age limit
  • The client's English language ability may be below the level needed for this visa subclass.
This means I have zero option for applying skilled worker visa for Australia or there are still other avenues left for me to immigrate and work in Australia. Please advise me. Thank you.

Daya Ram Pokharel. PhD

This is a long thread with lots of replies. For better visibility and response, consider posting in a new thread unless your topic is closely related to the subject of this thread.
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.