• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Family-sponsored Visa

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
How likely it is for a foreigner to comply with the first criteria below unless his relatives live in Australia for generations? I am very much skeptic you will find many such cases around.
DIBP said:
You might be eligible for this visa (subclass 115) if:
  • your (and your partner's) ONLY near relatives live in Australia
  • an eligible near relative or their partner will sponsor you and all family members included as applicants in your application
  • you have someone who will provide an assurance of support
  • you and your family members meet health and character requirements.
You should not apply for this visa unless you believe you are likely to be successful, because the visa application charge will not usually be refunded if your application is refused or withdrawn.

Furthermore, they have not let anyone out of the list, lolz.
DIBP said:
Your near relative is your parent or your partner's parent (including biological and step-parent), brother, sister, stepbrother or stepsister; child (including stepchild) who has turned 18 and is not a dependent child; or child (including stepchild) who has not yet turned 18 years of age and is not in your or your partner's daily care and control.

We do not consider how much contact you have with near relatives when we make a decision about whether you are a remaining relative.

Phateema

Wanderer
Timeline missing
How likely it is for a foreigner to comply with the first criteria below unless his relatives live in Australia for generations? I am very much skeptic you will find many such cases around.

Furthermore, they have not let anyone out of the list, lolz.
For generations? My brother is there as a permanent resident for last one year. Does it make any sense?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For generations? My brother is there as a permanent resident for last one year. Does it make any sense?
I don't think you got this right. This visa is for those people whose ALL near relatives live in Australia. So, unless NONE of your AND your partner's parents/siblings/children live outside Australia, you are NOT eligible for this visa.

So, I get that your brother is in Australia, what about your parents, or other siblings? Or grandparents? If you have any partner, what about his parents, siblings, grandparents? If you or your partner has any children, what about them? If the answer is Australia for all of them, only then you can think of this visa.

DIBP said:
Do not apply for this visa if:
  • you or your partner have ANY near relatives, who are usually living outside Australia, or are only living in Australia on a temporary visa, Bridging visa or unlawfully.

Phateema

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I don't think you got this right. This visa is for those people whose ALL near relatives live in Australia. So, unless NONE of your AND your partner's parents/siblings/children live outside Australia, you are NOT eligible for this visa.

So, I get that your brother is in Australia, what about your parents, or other siblings? Or grandparents? If you have any partner, what about his parents, siblings, grandparents? If you or your partner has any children, what about them? If the answer is Australia for all of them, only then you can think of this visa.
Ah Ok. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MSA
2017-09-18
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-06-17
Hi all brothers and sisters,
I have a sister whose husband just passed away, so now she is living with two babies. If I adopt two babies and bring them to Australia as adopted children visa, could they (two babies) sponsor for their mother who is a widow?
Thank you

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In the current system, their mother needs to apply for parent's visa.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
103, 143, 804, 864. However, all those visas take time. A new parent visa is being proposed this year, which you should be waiting for

DIBP said:
On Friday 5 May 2017, the Government announced the introduction of the new temporary sponsored parent visa for parents of Australians during the 2017–18 Migration Programme year. The new visa will allow Australians to sponsor their parents to stay in Australia for up to five years at a time.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.