2017-04-22
Skill
SC
Point
75/80
EOI
2017-10-02
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here and want to hear about your comments and suggestions. I want to claim 5 points for overseas work experiences. I have been working as a remote accountant (coming to the office in about 2-3 months in a year) for the past 3 years.
Furthermore, the skilled employment “equate to work at an appropriate skilled level as 221111 – Accountant (General)” for the whole 3 years by CPA Australia.

I'm currently in Australia and will be applying onshore. I heard that the DIBP is making their own employment assessment, regardless of the assessing body's outcome. I'm just concerned if DIBP rejected the experience and ended up wasting the application fee. At the same time, these 5 points are crucial in getting my invitation.

Please let me know of your point of views or if you have been in similar circumstances. Thank you in advance

Best,

David

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently in Australia and will be applying onshore. I heard that the DIBP is making their own employment assessment, regardless of the assessing body's outcome.
Correct

I'm just concerned if DIBP rejected the experience and ended up wasting the application fee.
Why do you think DIBP would do that? It doesn't matter if you physically present or not, if you fulfill the criteria for a full-time job, you should be okay.

DSL

Wanderer
MSA
2017-04-22
Skill
SC
Point
75/80
EOI
2017-10-02
Why do you think DIBP would do that? It doesn't matter if you physically present or not, if you fulfill the criteria for a full-time job, you should be okay.

I'm scared they may suspect that the work experience is not genuine as it is remote and I am not present in the company for most of the times. I heard from some people that their experiences do not count and ended up the money paid for the application fees not refunded. That's why I was wondering if anyone in this forum has been in my shoes before.

But thank you MysticRiver for your message. Greatly appreciated.

Best,

David

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as you can understand, it highly depends on your CO and how strongly you can convince them. So, it is quite impossible to comment in advance. I guess, you have to take that chance if you want.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I'm currently in Australia and will be applying onshore. I heard that the DIBP is making their own employment assessment, regardless of the assessing body's outcome.

That is since forever.

I'm scared they may suspect that the work experience is not genuine as it is remote and I am not present in the company for most of the times.

Documents well presented could save you some loss e.g

1. reference letter from my employer
2. employment contract

DSL

Wanderer
MSA
2017-04-22
Skill
SC
Point
75/80
EOI
2017-10-02
Well, as you can understand, it highly depends on your CO and how strongly you can convince them. So, it is quite impossible to comment in advance. I guess, you have to take that chance if you want.

Thank you for your help MysticRiver :);) I hope my CO is understanding :D

That is since forever.

Documents well presented could save you some loss e.g

1. reference letter from my employer
2. employment contract

Thank you Rakshanda. I have employment letter, reference letter, employment contract and taxation notice. :):D Hopefully the CO can verify its genuineness :shame:

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thank you for your help MysticRiver :);) I hope my CO is understanding :D

Thank you Rakshanda. I have employment letter, reference letter, employment contract and taxation notice. :):D Hopefully the CO can verify its genuineness :shame:

Best of luck!

DSL

Wanderer
MSA
2017-04-22
Skill
SC
Point
75/80
EOI
2017-10-02
Correct

@MysticRiver - sorry for the message again. Does the work have to be full-time? I only do a yearly contract job for 24 hours per week.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
At least 20 hours of paid work per week suffices to be considered for points.

Rayyan Munawar

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
Dear can anyone plz guide me that weather I require qualification assessment ONLY or do I also need to go for SKILL ASSESSMENT as well?
I am going for IPA for my assessment for accountant
I am applying under accountant profession.
Thank you for your kind support in advance.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear can anyone plz guide me that weather I require qualification assessment ONLY or do I also need to go for SKILL ASSESSMENT as well?
I am going for IPA for my assessment for accountant
I am applying under accountant profession.
Thank you for your kind support in advance.

Whatever points you claim in your EOI. You need to get it assessed via the relevant authority.

Hello everyone, I have a situation which I am seeking for help/advice please.

I recently submitted my skill assessment with CPA for both academic and skilled employment (5 year UK) assessments. I got a positive result for the academic part, however a negative result on part of my work experience on the basis that "the duties listed in my employment references are not considered to be at the level of responsibilities to a general accountant".

Does it mean more than likely I am unable to claim 10 points via employment or is it worth reassessing employment by updating the wording in JD to more closely match with ANZSCO requirements?

Please advise how I should act please?

A million thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Does it mean more than likely I am unable to claim 10 points via employment or is it worth reassessing employment by updating the wording in JD to more closely match with ANZSCO requirements?
Yes, and yes if you need points for experience.

Yes, and yes if you need points for experience.

Thanks for your reply. Would CPA be willing to issue a positive result on the updated employment reference which is very different from what I submitted in the initial assessment?

Also say CPA has changed its opinion and acknowledged my 5 year overseas work experience, would a case officer more than likely to grant the employment points automatically or he/she still need to assess my employment history and how?

Many thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your reply. Would CPA be willing to issue a positive result on the updated employment reference which is very different from what I submitted in the initial assessment?
Only CPA can decide that based on what you have in your experience letter and what is their criteria.

Also say CPA has changed its opinion and acknowledged my 5 year overseas work experience, would a case officer more than likely to grant the employment points automatically or he/she still need to assess my employment history and how?
DIBP always run their own checks and verification. Being assessed positively by the assessment authority does not guarantee that will be accepted. However, it surely will increase the chance significantly. Unless there is a major hazard, I never heard DIBP rejects an assessment call.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Do I need to have an employment contract - I do not have one.
Not really, as long as you have a reference letter with job description.

Is bankslip and reference letter from CFO (or a Financial Controller) and reference letter from HR be enough?
It might be, but if possible, try to get payslips from your organization.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.