• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Getting a job after visa approval

Hi everyone.

I came up to this forum searching for information to apply for a work visa in Australia. I am from Honduras, Central America. I am an engineer with high English skills and I want to apply for a skilled independent visa (189). My wife is a general practitioner and speaks English as well.

I have searched a lot of information and I think I am ready for the EOI, but I still have doubts about the following processes. In case I proceed with all the requirements and at the end I get the approval, how do I get a job? I read that they give you a limited time to travel to Australia after the visa has been approved. Do I need to find a job via internet before I move there or do I have to move first and start searching for a job in Australia? I'll appreciate your advice.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Once you have 189 visa, you are given a date by which you need to make your first entry. After that, you can stay, or leave and comeback anytime within 5 years (from your grant).

It's up to you how and when you search for a job, the Australian government wouldn't impose any requirement on you.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.