• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Got invitation, ready to apply, what to expect? - Visa Subclass 189

Morningstar

Timeline missing
Hello,

Thank you for making this forum, i have been finding it really helpful. However i have been coming up with some weird stances, my visa is expiring on the 16th december. On the contrary, i am applying for subclass 189 and have just submitted a new EOI which would be most probably receive an invitation around mid december if everything goes well.

My question is, if i click the "apply button" right after i get my invitation, what would i be expecting. Would i be given a bridging visa if the payment goes through? (Using debit card transfer)

What would your advise be for this situation since i am close to the end of my visa.

1. I have 60 points and had a previous invitation which was due. I wasnt able to apply due to internet failure and office closure of immigration. Also financially stricken by personal issues which has finally be resolved recently.
2. I have all the qualifications and also enough points for all documents ready.

Can you help me to go through the process so that i dont make any mistakes to postpone my application? What other options or visas is there available for this condition?

Morningstar

Timeline missing
Hello,

Thank you for making this forum, i have been finding it really helpful. However i have been coming up with some weird stances, my visa is expiring on the 16th december. On the contrary, i am applying for subclass 189 and have just submitted a new EOI which would be most probably receive an invitation around mid december if everything goes well.

My question is, if i click the "apply button" right after i get my invitation, what would i be expecting. Would i be given a bridging visa if the payment goes through? (Using debit card transfer)

What would your advise be for this situation since i am close to the end of my visa.

1. I have 60 points and had a previous invitation which was due. I wasnt able to apply due to internet failure and office closure of immigration. Also financially stricken by personal issues which has finally be resolved recently.
2. I have all the qualifications and also enough points for all documents ready.

Can you help me to go through the process so that i dont make any mistakes to postpone my application? What other options or visas is there available for this condition?

Excuse the typos
Looking forward to hear from you

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Would i be given a bridging visa if the payment goes through?
Most likely.

I am not sure what did you mean. Are you saying your previous invitation expired? If it has, why are you referencing that now, because once expired, you have nothing to do. If not, then why you are not just accepting that?
And can you elaborate a bit what exactly is your confusion now?

Morningstar

Timeline missing
Most likely.

I am not sure what did you mean. Are you saying your previous invitation expired? If it has, why are you referencing that now, because once expired, you have nothing to do. If not, then why you are not just accepting that?
And can you elaborate a bit what exactly is your confusion now?
Hi thank you for responding so quickly,

Its a long story, sorry for the confusion, so basically the previous one was expired, and so i guess it wouldnt have anything to do with the current one that im applying. I was just detailling it out because I tried to apply within the 60day time frame but technical issues of the website did not allow me to fully utilize that 60 days.

So just for assurance of the reader, that i have been invited before, which also means the current EOI that i have submitted would most probably be able to pass through in the first round. (Not sure if its relevant, im just estimating)

Yes, but just wanting to confirm that if by any chance i get my invitation on the 15th dec, and I click apply, put in my card details for payment, would i be obtaining a bridging visa? If yes, How long would i have to wait to obtain a bridging? (As my own visa is expiring)
If No, what Should i do?

What is the risk of me applying inside australia or outside australia, i remembered ticking i will be applying from within aus.

Thank you!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
so basically the previous one was expired, and so i guess it wouldnt have anything to do with the current one that im applying
That's correct.

So just for assurance of the reader, that i have been invited before, which also means the current EOI that i have submitted would most probably be able to pass through in the first round.
You have a good chance of this happening, but of-course if there is a sudden flux of applications between your last invitation and now, you might need to wait.

What is the risk of me applying inside australia or outside australia, i remembered ticking i will be applying from within aus.
In current system, there is no distinction between on-shore and offshore application.

Yes, but just wanting to confirm that if by any chance i get my invitation on the 15th dec, and I click apply, put in my card details for payment, would i be obtaining a bridging visa? If yes, How long would i have to wait to obtain a bridging?
Yes, you should be automatically converted to bridging visa as soon as you apply for PR, no action required.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.