• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Guidance needed on filling up RPL

Nsara

Timeline missing
Hi Team,

My Bachelor Degree is Production Engineering applying for skill select software Engineer, hence I need to apply RPL also to ACS, can anyone guide if you have submitted RPL and what kind of information needed in the section, since it is unclear about the info to be entered in section 6, 7 and 8 in the form. I am aware we should not copy any content, that will result in plagariasm, hence I need general guidance on filling up those sections, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sarala.

tap3010

Wanderer
MSA
2018-02-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-03-30
Inv.
2018-06-20
App.
2018-06-24
PCC
2018-05-01
HC
2018-06-28
Grant
2019-01-17
IED
2019-05-01
Hi Sarala,

I also got my ACS assessment under RPL done in february. I have done my mechanical engineering and applied for Analyst programmer so had to go for RPL.

Writing RPL is a tedious task. You need to explain clearly the chosen topics in section one and two. The RPL template document explains what you need to write.

Example, in section 1 there are two categories and you need to choose two topics and two subtopics in each of the chosen topic and explain clearly how you gained knowledge through your experience etc.,

For example, I chose Topic 1: ICT Professional knowledge and Sub Topics chosen are - a. Professional Expectations b. Teamwork Concepts and Issues
You need to write 1 to 1.5 pages about each sub-topic.

For example, under teamwork concepts and issues, you can explain what teamwork means to you and your experiences of team work from your corporate career and what you learnt. What all elements go into team work from your perspective and the challenges you faces when working in teams. You just need to explain any chosen topic in an elaborate way.

Under Topic 2: Technology Resources I chose Sub Topics - a. Hardware and Software Fundamentals b. Data and Information Management as these two topics are closely related to my work experience.
So all in all, you need to choose and write 4 subtopics. So first decide what subtopics you want to take up and get some pointers and start elaborating on each of them. You need to write minimum of one page on each subtopic chosen. You might find it difficult initially, but if you choose a topic where you are related to and your experiences, it becomes easy to express and let your words flow.

Under projects choose two projects one should be within last 5 years and one within last 3 years and each section under projects has clear headings and you need to explain those. Example, your roles and responsibilities, your contribution to the projects etc., Just explain in 2-3 paragraphs for each of the section and you will be able to complete each section.

I completed RPL by myself and did not go through agent. if you are going through agent or consultancy, I am sure they will give you some reference documents. I strictly kept 1-2 days for each of the topic. so finished writing all topics in 7-8 days, since you need to take time out from your busy working schedule. Then I kept 2 days for each of the project. Overall with strict timelines set for myself, I finished RPL document in max 2 weeks time and self-reviewed it once to do any corrections and got it reviewed by my husband as well. So in 2-3 weeks of time I was able to submit my RPL application.

MSA
2018-02-21
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-03-30
Inv.
2018-06-20
App.
2018-06-24
PCC
2018-05-01
HC
2018-06-28
Grant
2019-01-17
IED
2019-05-01
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.