• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

2017-2018 Guide to 186 Direct Entry Stream visa?

Anazy

Commoner
MSA
2017-06-05
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2017-10-26
@MysticRiver I was wondering whether there is already a guide written for 186 visa?

There is a big chance I'll get a job offer soon which will comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws and all the other requirements. Job directly needs all the skills that I have plus working experience and they've been searching for a worker for the last 3 months in vain. They called me today asking me to consider their job offer.

They have sponsored workers before but only with 457 visas. So, I was wondering now how do I ask them to sponsor my permanent visa, in other words, how do I describe them a process with ease and all the differences between 457 and 186 visa? (Is there much of a difference in terms of what THEY have to do?) I believe they will be willing to sponsor 186 visas since their main problem is that people usually leave the firm after 2 years and they now want someone reliable and long-term.

Questions:
1) Any general pieces of advice?
2) Does employer usually pay for this visa?
3) When I lodge the visa do I need to pay for it right away with lodgement? What will happen if DIBP, for any reason, refuse the grant?
4) What is the usual process time if we lodge visa with everything they need right away?

Thank you so much for your time and input @MysticRiver. It is much appreciated.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering whether there is already a guide written for 186 visa?
Not yet, I was actually waiting for someone who have gone through the process to write one. The documentation for 186 is not as descriptive as 189/190, hence writing a guide will be troublesome for someone who has not gone through it.

I'll try to find some information of this, in the meantime let's hope someone who had that visa can shed some light on your questions.
@Geesha, @Paola, @Fida, @Insi

Anazy

Commoner
MSA
2017-06-05
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2017-10-26
I received this message today. Hm.. what to say? No updated information on 186 visa link... (maybe they'll do that soon)...

Posted on: 18/04/2018 at 21:00

From 18 April 2018, an EOI for the Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) can no longer be submitted through SkillSelect. Further information regarding the 186 and 187 visas can be located at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/186-"

Attachments

• notification.JPG
    notification.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 226

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

• tss-complementary-reforms-qanda.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 182

Anazy

Commoner
MSA
2017-06-05
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2017-10-26

That's right only for 457 visa replacement.

I asked a migrant agent about that. She said it's nothing to worry about since both 186 & 187 visas didn't use to be on skill select anyways some time ago. Then they were until yesterday, but with no point (no employer ever found an employee in that way), so they removed it.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.