• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Health assessment deadline

A

Archibald Duke

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone who has been through the 309/100 partner visa process can answer a question for me. The question is, when your CO asks you to provide your health assessment, do they give a deadline for this and how long is that, typically?

We've put our application in a little early as the website gives processing times of over a year, but I understand that simpler applications are actually only taking about 5 months. In reality, we don't want to emigrate for another 18 months, so I don't really want to do the health assessment for another 6 months, so that my initial entry date isn't too early. If I am asked to provide the health assessment in the next few months, can I put it off for a few months to delay the initial entry date? Or will I be given a short deadline within which to provide it?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping that someone who has been through the 309/100 partner visa process can answer a question for me. The question is, when your CO asks you to provide your health assessment, do they give a deadline for this and how long is that, typically?
30 days, I believe.

If I am asked to provide the health assessment in the next few months, can I put it off for a few months to delay the initial entry date?
Not without a valid cause.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
it would probably be difficult to even get an appointment in that time
That's a valid cause. Like I said, if you have a valid cause, they'll extend your deadline. But if you say, we don't want to move in 2 years, so we don't want to submit our HC yet, that probably will not be accepted.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.