• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

How do they invite?

Timeline missing
Hello,

I am new here in this forum, I have some question I believe I am post at right place, If not please advise

How do they invite for visa, Let me elaborate in depth

For example
Occupation for one applicant is Accountant, Occupation ceiling value for 2018/2019 is 3753 out of 2653 are already invited

Occupation for another applicant is Civil Engineering Draftsperson, Occupation ceiling value for 2018/2019 is 2000, out of 86 are already invited

Now, say both has applied for 190/489 visa (state sponsorship), both applicant are in pool

Accountant has 75 score (Including state sponsorship)
Civil Engineering Draftsperson has 65 score (Including state sponsorship)

Usually to whom they will invite?

My logic is, Adequate Accountants are already invited even though his merit are higher than another applicant whose occupation is Civil Engineering Draftsperson

This both applicant are not competing and their occupation are entirely different, so my understanding is they will invite Civil Engineering Draftsperson even his merit lesser than accountant

This how it works? Or something in a different way, Need more information about this

Further, Statics shows 189 (Independent) /489 (Relative sponsor) where I can see state sponsored cut-off score for each invitation round

Thanks and appreciate your insight view/guidance

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, the ceiling you referred to doesn't apply for state sponsorship (except for accountants).

Secondly, state sponsorships are not as straightforward as 189. States have lots of additional criteria and you can't really relate state sponsored visa subclass with 189.

Timeline missing
First of all, the ceiling you referred to doesn't apply for state sponsorship (except for accountants).

Secondly, state sponsorships are not as straightforward as 189. States have lots of additional criteria and you can't really relate state sponsored visa subclass with 189.
Thank you for your valuable response, I just wanted to understand the process, Thanks for clarifying

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.