• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

How long can I wait for SC189 Invitation after SC190 Invitation has been made?

Skill
SC
189/190
Point
Hi,
I wish to file an EoI for the nominated skilled occupation of a Transport Engineer (ANZSCO Code: 233215).
I plan to select both SC189 and SC190 options on the same EoI, as I am eligible for both.

However, my confusion is as follows:

Assuming that I receive invitation for SC190 first (say on 15th May, 2018),
1. Will I still be under consideration for SC189?
2. If yes, then how long (in days/weeks/months) can I wait for SC189 invitation before SC190 expires?

Alternatively, I've been also thinking the following plan. please let me know if it is right:

I hold 70 points on the point-based test which meets the prevailing cut-off points for my occupation.
Thus, I was thinking to initially put a tick on SC189 option and wait for say 2 months.
If I do not get to hear in the next 2 months, I'll update my EoI and put a tick on SC190 along with SC189.

I am so confused with all these questions and unable to find precise answers on the web.

I'll be grateful if you can share your experience with me and clear this confusion for me.

Thanks in advance.
Neeraj

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
Hi,
Thanks for replying.

I called up Immigration last week and they told that It has to be one EoI with multiple options (SC189 and SC190) ticked, and not two seperate EoIs, each for SC189 and SC190.

When you say, "provided you submitted separate EOIs for them " could you please elaborate. Does that mean the latter case?

Also, could you please advise if the following plan would work.
I hold 70 points on the point-based test which meets the prevailing cut-off points for my occupation.
Thus, I was thinking to initially put a tick on SC189 option and wait for say 2 months.
If I do not get to hear in the next 2 months, I'll update my EoI and put a tick on SC190 along with SC189.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I called up Immigration last week and they told that It has to be one EoI with multiple options (SC189 and SC190) ticked, and not two seperate EoIs, each for SC189 and SC190.

When you say, "provided you submitted separate EOIs for them " could you please elaborate. Does that mean the latter case?
I seriously doubt the expertise of the operator you talked to. There have been many (if not most) applicants here who submitted multiple EOIs. More importantly, it's clearly stated in the official site that you can submit as many EOIs as you want
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/how-many-eois-can-i-submit

homeaffairs.gov.au said:
How many Expressions of Interest can I submit?
There is no limitation on how many Expressions of Interest you can submit in SkillSelect. However, you must be able to provide evidence on all the claims you have made to achieve your points score. If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.
Also, could you please advise if the following plan would work.
I would say, submit 2 EOIs for 189 and 190 and decide when you get invitation for any one.

Skill
SC
189/190
Point
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks heaps for your prompt reply.
I'll put two separate EoIs then.

Could you please clarify the statement which has been taken from the homeaffairs webpage you cited.
If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.

Does that mean if I get invitation for SC190 first I have to accept it so that I can be considered for SC189.

OR

Is it that if I do not accept SC190 invitation in time, I might not receive any SC190 invitation in future.

Thanks in advance
Neeraj

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please clarify the statement which has been taken from the homeaffairs webpage you cited.
If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.
My interpretation is, if someone receives an invitation but decides to ignore it, his EOI will go back to the pool and be considered in an unbiased manner. What I mean is, it'll not have any priorities because it has already been selected once.

badermushtaq

Commoner
MSA
2019-11-25
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-11-25
Inv.
2018-11-17
App.
2018-12-17
PCC
2019-04-30
HC
2019-01-11
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks heaps for your prompt reply.
I'll put two separate EoIs then.

Does that mean if I get invitation for SC190 first I have to accept it so that I can be considered for SC189.

OR

Is it that if I do not accept SC190 invitation in time, I might not receive any SC190 invitation in future.

Thanks in advance
Neeraj
did you get 190 or 189 with how many points ?

MSA
2019-11-25
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-11-25
Inv.
2018-11-17
App.
2018-12-17
PCC
2019-04-30
HC
2019-01-11
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.