• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

How quick we need to move to the sponsoring state

MinQ

Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,

I have a question about state sponsorship.

So I'm applying for a NSW state sponsorship as a life scientist and I'm currently working in NSW as well. I noticed that the Victorian government has an accelerated pathway for life scientists with a PhD which suits me. Could I apply for a Victorian state sponsorship with the intention of moving to Victoria eventually (subject ot me securing a job in Victoria first)? My job is fairly secured in NSW and I'm afraid of leaving everything behind and heading of to Victoria without a job.

Thanks for reading

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you get 190 visa with VIC sponsorship, they'll except you to relocate to VIC asap. Now, there is no hard & fast rule mentioned for relocation, but they definitely don't like the fact that you have the criteria of a job before you move to VIC.

From experience, nobody is going to arrest or deport you for being in NSW, but I am not sure how your record (of overstaying outside VIC during first 2 years) will be handled during your citizenship, because when you are given a state sponsorship, the main criteria is you will not live or work outside that state.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.