How to apply for the registration of BPEQ (QLD)

ben.oreks

MSA
2019-12-24
Skill
Environment
Point
Do you have any source for that?

I cannot find this criterion in the BSMQ website.
Try and check the BSMQ occupation list and their requirements, you will see that all professional engineering occupations are mandated to have BPEQ.

For submitting EOI to QLD, registration with BPEQ is mandatory for all Engineers. Here I am sharing my experience and guidance for the registration process of BPEQ (Board of Professional Engineers of Queens Land).
Please note: Skills Migration Assessment does not meet the assessment criteria for RPEQ registration.

To become a Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ), you can opt two different assessment schemes:
1. Association of Professional Engineers Australia
http://www.professionalengineers.org.au/rpeng/rpeq-assessment/
2. Engineer Australia ( EA)
https://www.engineersaustralia.org....rs/National-Engineering-Register/Join-The-NER

In my experience, NER registration with EA is a better option because Engineers already have an account on EA and it's easy as you have already gone through Migration Skill Assessment.

NER Registration

On EA account you will find NER registration Tab. You can fill out your application and Pay the fee. Usually, within 2-4 weeks you will get the outcome of the registration process.

Process and Documents Required

1. Work Experience Statement
2. Employment History
3. Self Assessment Checklist
4. CPD
5. Passport size photograph
6. Two Referees
7. PII insurance indemnity

You should prepare the upper mentioned documents before applying for the assessment.

Guidance for the preparation of the documents:

Note: Below is my experience and suggestions, if you have some other or better options please follow that.

Its a type of narrative essay, same as CDR but in a summarized way. However, in this, you have to discuss your projects as well as your work experience while for MSA only projects. Try to mention the skills which are mentioned in the self-assessment checklist and describe how you applied those skills in your work experience statement. In my case, I wrote 1500 words. But there is no guideline and restriction for the words.
Try to mention your genuine work because in an interview they can ask any sort of question :p

2. Employment History

Mention job duties and responsibilities for each job. Then mention the projects individually and their key achievements for each project.
In this way, you are actually elaborating your employment which is a positive sign for an understanding of accessor.

3. Self Assessment Checklist:

That's your personal checklist and you know yourself better than anyone.
My advice is to fill out the checklist with originality because in my case most of the questions were asked by an assessor from the checklist. So be real.

4. CPD

You can find a guideline for CPD from EA portal. But this CPD should be better than MSA submitted CPD.

5. Two Referees

While filling out the online application form on EA portal they will ask for the two referees. You have to mention all the required details of referees:

. Referees should be Professional Engineers
. They should know English
. They should have the same occupation as yours. ( E.g if you are Electrical Engineer they should also be Electrical Engineers)
. They could be your colleagues or managers.

Note: Be careful while you nominate the referees, as the assessor will contact your referees through e-mail or telephone call. In my case, the accessor sent the form to my references which they filled out and sent him back via email.

6. PII insurance Indemnity

If you are not entitled to this insurance no need to worry as its only mandatory for the Engineers who are working in QLD. For immigration purpose no need but you have to provide once you will reach in QLD and start working

Interview:

Once you have submitted all the above-mentioned documents, EA will contact you soon (1-2weeks) regarding the referees and you have to confirm they are Engineers and have good command on English so that the accessor can contact your referees. After getting the confirmation from referees the assessor will ask you for a feasible interview date and time. The interview will be conducted through *** or other video call option.

Preparation:

In my case, I found an interview to be the easiest task of the whole process. Most of the questions were asked from the checklist. For instance, why do you think your ethical issues are high/low? etc

I will recommend writing all the things with truthfulness and genuine. In CDRs you can write whatever is the best because no one will ask either you have really performed that or not but here interviewer can! While if all the genuine things have been mentioned in that it will increase your confidence.

If you have performed excellently you can ask from the accessor that when I will receive the outcome letter :) :p.

In one or two days you will receive the outcome letter for:

1. Letter of confirmation for NER REgistration
2. Eligibility for registered Professional Engineers of Queensland Registration

If you receive these letters it means you have nailed it! and now you become eligible for the registration of BPEQ.

Registration in BPEQ:

Download Form 2 from BPEQ website and fill out. You have to mention the credit card details on the form as they will deduct the fee themselves.
http://www.bpeq.qld.gov.au/images/documents/forms/180309 BPEQ Registration Form 2.pdf

Currier them only these two documents:
1. Filled Form 2
2. Eligibility for Registered Professional Engineer Queensland Registration

If your amount has been deducted it means you have got the registration :p.
Usually the registration with BPEQ will take 2-3 weeks.

From last three months, I googled too much for the registration process of BPEQ and unfortunately couldn't able to reach on a conclusion. Here I have jotted down so it could be a source of guidence for others and I hope it will help whoever want to get registration with BPEQ.

Please any one could help with sample application filled form to apply for BPEQ

For submitting EOI to QLD, registration with BPEQ is mandatory for all Engineers. Here I am sharing my experience and guidance for the registration process of BPEQ (Board of Professional Engineers of Queens Land).
Please note: Skills Migration Assessment does not meet the assessment criteria for RPEQ registration.

To become a Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ), you can opt two different assessment schemes:
1. Association of Professional Engineers Australia
http://www.professionalengineers.org.au/rpeng/rpeq-assessment/
2. Engineer Australia ( EA)
https://www.engineersaustralia.org....rs/National-Engineering-Register/Join-The-NER

In my experience, NER registration with EA is a better option because Engineers already have an account on EA and it's easy as you have already gone through Migration Skill Assessment.

NER Registration

On EA account you will find NER registration Tab. You can fill out your application and Pay the fee. Usually, within 2-4 weeks you will get the outcome of the registration process.

Process and Documents Required

2. Employment History
3. Self Assessment Checklist
4. CPD
5. Passport size photograph
6. Two Referees
7. PII insurance indemnity

You should prepare the upper mentioned documents before applying for the assessment.

Guidance for the preparation of the documents:

Note: Below is my experience and suggestions, if you have some other or better options please follow that.

Its a type of narrative essay, same as CDR but in a summarized way. However, in this, you have to discuss your projects as well as your work experience while for MSA only projects. Try to mention the skills which are mentioned in the self-assessment checklist and describe how you applied those skills in your work experience statement. In my case, I wrote 1500 words. But there is no guideline and restriction for the words.
Try to mention your genuine work because in an interview they can ask any sort of question :p

2. Employment History

Mention job duties and responsibilities for each job. Then mention the projects individually and their key achievements for each project.
In this way, you are actually elaborating your employment which is a positive sign for an understanding of accessor.

3. Self Assessment Checklist:

That's your personal checklist and you know yourself better than anyone.
My advice is to fill out the checklist with originality because in my case most of the questions were asked by an assessor from the checklist. So be real.

4. CPD

You can find a guideline for CPD from EA portal. But this CPD should be better than MSA submitted CPD.

5. Two Referees

While filling out the online application form on EA portal they will ask for the two referees. You have to mention all the required details of referees:

. Referees should be Professional Engineers
. They should know English
. They should have the same occupation as yours. ( E.g if you are Electrical Engineer they should also be Electrical Engineers)
. They could be your colleagues or managers.

Note: Be careful while you nominate the referees, as the assessor will contact your referees through e-mail or telephone call. In my case, the accessor sent the form to my references which they filled out and sent him back via email.

6. PII insurance Indemnity

If you are not entitled to this insurance no need to worry as its only mandatory for the Engineers who are working in QLD. For immigration purpose no need but you have to provide once you will reach in QLD and start working

Interview:

Once you have submitted all the above-mentioned documents, EA will contact you soon (1-2weeks) regarding the referees and you have to confirm they are Engineers and have good command on English so that the accessor can contact your referees. After getting the confirmation from referees the assessor will ask you for a feasible interview date and time. The interview will be conducted through *** or other video call option.

Preparation:

In my case, I found an interview to be the easiest task of the whole process. Most of the questions were asked from the checklist. For instance, why do you think your ethical issues are high/low? etc

I will recommend writing all the things with truthfulness and genuine. In CDRs you can write whatever is the best because no one will ask either you have really performed that or not but here interviewer can! While if all the genuine things have been mentioned in that it will increase your confidence.

If you have performed excellently you can ask from the accessor that when I will receive the outcome letter :) :p.

In one or two days you will receive the outcome letter for:

1. Letter of confirmation for NER REgistration
2. Eligibility for registered Professional Engineers of Queensland Registration

If you receive these letters it means you have nailed it! and now you become eligible for the registration of BPEQ.

Registration in BPEQ:

Download Form 2 from BPEQ website and fill out. You have to mention the credit card details on the form as they will deduct the fee themselves.
http://www.bpeq.qld.gov.au/images/documents/forms/180309 BPEQ Registration Form 2.pdf

Currier them only these two documents:
1. Filled Form 2
2. Eligibility for Registered Professional Engineer Queensland Registration

If your amount has been deducted it means you have got the registration :p.
Usually the registration with BPEQ will take 2-3 weeks.

From last three months, I googled too much for the registration process of BPEQ and unfortunately couldn't able to reach on a conclusion. Here I have jotted down so it could be a source of guidence for others and I hope it will help whoever want to get registration with BPEQ.

Hi Naveed,

Can you please let me know for 233513 Production or plant engineer, which occupation needs to be chosen while applying for NER. Is it Mechanical or Electrical?

naveed.chohan

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-15
Skill
SC
190 (QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-07-02
Inv.
2018-07-18
App.
2018-08-20
CO
2018-12-06
PCC
2018-08-20
HC
2018-09-01
Grant
2019-02-27
IED
2019-07-22
Hi Naveed,

Can you please let me know for 233513 Production or plant engineer, which occupation needs to be chosen while applying for NER. Is it Mechanical or Electrical?
Dont have much knowledge about it

MSA
2018-02-15
Skill
SC
190 (QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-07-02
Inv.
2018-07-18
App.
2018-08-20
CO
2018-12-06
PCC
2018-08-20
HC
2018-09-01
Grant
2019-02-27
IED
2019-07-22

naveed.chohan

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-15
Skill
SC
190 (QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-07-02
Inv.
2018-07-18
App.
2018-08-20
CO
2018-12-06
PCC
2018-08-20
HC
2018-09-01
Grant
2019-02-27
IED
2019-07-22
MSA
2018-02-15
Skill
SC
190 (QLD)
Point
EOI
2018-07-02
Inv.
2018-07-18
App.
2018-08-20
CO
2018-12-06
PCC
2018-08-20
HC
2018-09-01
Grant
2019-02-27
IED
2019-07-22

Aussie Desirer

Wanderer
MSA
2020-10-12
Skill
SC
190/491
Point
75/85
EOI
2021-11-02
Nom.
2022-02-15
Inv.
2022-02-16
App.
2022-02-23
There is no list at BSMQ at the moment. But, what I remember from the last year list is that BPEQ was not necessary for onshore applicants unless it is stated specifically.
Does anybody has 2019's Queensland occupation list? and if possible 2018's also.

MSA
2020-10-12
Skill
SC
190/491
Point
75/85
EOI
2021-11-02
Nom.
2022-02-15
Inv.
2022-02-16
App.
2022-02-23
Hi..
I have a question, if anybody can help me.

I already have skill assessment from EA in Electronics Engineer(233411), and now I have applied for point test(Experience Assessment) two days before which i have not done during my skill assessment in December, 2018.

But, now i want to register with NER also.
I have Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Instrumentation, and as per NER and BPEQ Instrumentation and control Engineers comes under Electrical Engineer. but as per ANZSCO my job duties were matching with Electronics Engineer so I have done the assessment in Electronics Engineer.

So, can i go with my NER registration of Electrical Engineer however, i have general skill assessment of Electronics Engineer ????

Thank you
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I hope Queensland will see the correlation between occupation of registration and occupation of MSA.
Since it is more than 1 year by now, I am just curious if your application is successful. Can you leave a feedback?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.