Subclass 186 How to ask case officer a question and how long they respond?

Jojo2730

Wanderer
Timeline missing
The case officer assign to me is asking for my medical and he send me a medical request (HAP ID) however my passport number in the request is incorrect of one character.
how can i ask the case officer to change mu passport number on the medical request? And how long they ussually reapond?
thank you

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Either call DHA, or let them know about the mistake through Update Us section in your ImmiAccount.

Jojo2730

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you.
i am just worried that they will refuse/reject my application since i am not yet providing them the medical report due to the reason that my passport number on the medical request is incorrect with one character! So im waiting for their response to change my medical request

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you raise a query to them, they won’t reject it until they reply. I would recommend sending them a message explaining the mistake via Update Us section for record.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Can i just travel to australia even without travel exemption? Or it is still required to have one?
As of now, even citizens need approval to travel to Australia, as they allow only a certain number of people per month. So, all will depend what the situation will be by the time you get your grant.

do i need to have a quarantine upon arrival even if i had my vaccine already
Yes (again, as of now).

how to book for my quarantine?

Jojo2730

Wanderer
Timeline missing
As of now, even citizens need approval to travel to Australia, as they allow only a certain number of people per month. So, all will depend what the situation will be by the time you get your grant.

Yes (again, as of now).

Is it hard to request for travel exemption? Will it take a long time?
thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think Australian government allows a limited number of entries per month, so it depends on how many people applied.

However, when the vaccination reaches 80%, they are supposed to lift this restriction. Based on current trend, seems like there is a good chance that target can be reached towards the end of the year.

NBP

Regular
MSA
2018-08-10
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
80/85
EOI
2018-10-13
Inv.
2018-11-10
App.
2018-12-08
Grant
2019-06-24
Does anyone know how can we book flights to Australia? We have valid PR grant and plan to move in Jan 2022.

MSA
2018-08-10
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
80/85
EOI
2018-10-13
Inv.
2018-11-10
App.
2018-12-08
Grant
2019-06-24

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If Australia doesn't open up by then, you need to contact your local Australian High Commission for an exempt.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.