• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

2019-2020 How to mention a change in personal details in Form 80?

hassan1985

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi

I have my personal details (birthplace) changed due to a mistake since I was 16 years old. Now, I have the wrong birthplace in my all documents. I want to mention this information as I intend to change it in the future. I am lodging my visa application without Birth Certificate.

What is the best approach to handle this right? Should I just mention it in the last part as an additional information?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any contradictory information in the submitted documents?

hassan1985

Wanderer
Timeline missing
No, I do not have. All my current documents refer to the same "mistakenly written" birthplace. I could not change it at that time as it was done by my parents.
Now, I might change it or it might be changed if I order a new birth certificate. It is not related to my personal intention, rather it is a documentation mistake done by the government officers.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
DHA will mainly rely on your documents for your birthplace.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.