• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

How to proceed further with 189 after receiving an invitation to lodge a Skilled visa

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello Admin,

I am happy to share that finally my EOI was accepted under 189 cat and now I am getting my self ready with the further procedure. Credit goes to Lord Jesus and you. Your guidance finally helped me securing a position in the Visa pool for Australia.

I have rec email stating "received an invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) visa application" when I login to EOI page it says a button "Apply Visa"

I would be highly obliged if you could, kindly assist me in proceeding further. Most of my documents are ready to be uploaded I need some guidance and tips on proceeding ahead.

So my main query is what would really happen when I press Apply Visa button, I am excited and bit nervous on clicking that button. May you kindly share some insight of it along with other required knowledge in filling my Visa.

Cheers and waiting for your reply.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
First of all congratulations for getting invited. Hopefully the rest of the process will be seamless as well.

Coming to your question, as soon as you hit that button, your EOI will be locked (which means you've accepted the invitation and you'll be bound to prove all the points you made in your EOI). So, as long as you are confident of your claims (in EOI), you can apply for Visa without any doubt.

After that you will be required to fill up a lengthy online Visa Application form. Once you fill that up, you need to pay the associated fee. Till this point, you will not be required to submit any documents.

Once you pay the fee, your application is considered to be submitted, and will be placed in the pool (so, you can start counting your days from this point). And then you start uploading all the supporting documents to the system.

So, at this point don't worry much about the documents, you will be assigned a case officer who will give you a deadline for document submission. You can upload the docs beforehand, or after you are asked, no matter unless you meet that deadline. Also in any point of time, you can request for extension of deadline for any documents with proper reasoning.

Best of luck, cheers.

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you mate for your wishes, I have now started filling up the 17 Page form.

About the fee its 3600 AUD, can I make payment via debit card?

While checking pricing estimator I found below note.

Credit card surcharge
A credit card surcharge might apply to transactions made using a credit card.

The surcharge will also apply to debit cards when making payments online.

So does that mean I can pay via debit card or is there another way to pay as I dont have limit on my credit card to make such a huge payment.

Would you suggest some way out here.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think if your Debit card is visa/mastercard or equivalent, and your bank supports online payment, it will be okay.

Regarding surcharges, it depends on many factors - card, bank, institution etc. However, if you don't have any other option, why are you thinking about this? I don't think the surcharge will be an issue provided you are paying 3600 already.

Once you go to the last page of your application, you will be presented with all possible options of payment. However, if they haven't changed it recently, the other options (except debit/credit card) are mainly for Aus residents (so if you have anybody in Aus, they can help you).

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks for the reply, I checked with my bank today and as per them the max payment I can make is of 1.75.000 INR and the total amount that needs to be payed out is 1.83.000 INR so I am still short of full money.

Out of your experience, do you have any idea if I can make payment via 2-3 different credit card of different bank. If yes how is that possible.

I have a friend who has 2 different card and via that I can be able to make payment. Would you share some input here.

Cheers!!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to make the payment in one go. In the last page (which is payment page), there is an invoice of $3600 which you need to pay. So logically if the card fails to process that amount, the payment should logically be rejected.

May be you can talk to your bank to increase the limit of your debit/credit card (which should be easy). If that is not possible for some reason, you may check with your bank if you can pre-pay the amount against your credit card. So, let say your credit card has $2000 limit. So, if you pre-pay extra $1600 against your card, logically the limit should increase to $3600 ($2000 credit + $1600 from balance). I am not sure though about how it works, but might be an option.

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello Admin,

Just now I was able to make payment for the visa application for self via credit card. I just have noticed that besides me I now have to get the PCC and medical check for my parents and my sister. This is very strange that when they asked for the question that are there any migrating applicant and I selected No as I was filling alone and payed visa fee for self. Then later they asked another question on do applicant have non migrating family member which I said yes and updated my parents and sister details. Now I have to go though with there urgent passport creation and medical test.

So is it a normal way that a person has to get the medical and the PCC for all the family members, which I don't feel to make any sense as they are not going to fly with me in near future nor I requested there nomination in my application.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, as far as I remeber you didn't include anybody with your application, right?

The first question "Are there any migrating family members included in this application?" should be No, rightly you put.

However, the second question "Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?", where you put "Yes" and give details of your parents and sisters, caused this requirement of medical examination for them.

DIBP said:
Important: The above health examinations will also need to be completed by any non-migrating dependents, that is any members of your family unit who do not intend to migrate and are not included in your visa application, in case they decide to migrate in the future.
But I don't understand why you need to make urgent passport for them, does health test need Passport for non-migrating people? I doubt that (but I am not certain as well), so please check with the nominated hospitals.

Btw, I think you should go for PC and medical once your CO asked for it, because sometimes there are delays and both PC and medical has limited validity (1 year most of the cases).

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you can't undo what you submit. What you can do is wait for your CO to be assigned and talk to him directly. Explain him the whole situation. Again, your PC and HC are not due until your CO asked for those.

Also, in many countries (if not all), getting a local PC does not require a passport. Any sort of NID is enough. Check with your country's police department.

One last thing is, it is not a big mess for sure. Like I said, talk to your CO (once assigned), and this should be sorted out pretty straight forward way.

Last edited:

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
One of my friend advised me of form for correction i.e. form 1023. Via this form I can update the details which are incorrectly added and which can be corrected. Whiling filling out the form I found an point 12 which says

12 The incorrect information provided was on:
a) visa application
b) passenger card
c) form 1022 Notification of
changes in circumstances

Which one to select ?

Do you have any clue on that? This form is supposed to be sent to [email protected]

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
This is a sort of visa application but not sure if i have to select visa application. :(

Also while uploading documents i see below option

2) To upload the document I have 2 options for both qualification and experience.

Work Experience - Australian, Evidence of
Provide evidence of your Australian work experience. This may include a certified copy of your employment contract, a letter/statement from your business/employer or work reference.

Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of
Provide evidence of your overseas work experience. This may include a certified copy of your employment contract, a letter/statement from your business/employer or work reference.

Qualifications - Australian, Evidence of
Provide evidence of your Australian qualifications. This may include a certified copy of your academic transcripts, educational certificate (degree, diploma etc) or letter/statement from your Australian education institution.

Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of
Provide evidence of your overseas qualifications. This may include a certified copy of your academic transcripts, educational certificate (degree, diploma etc) or letter/statement from your overseas education institution.
Which one should i select this is kind of confusing,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Have you worked in Australia or do you have any degree from any Australian Uni? If no, you have to select Overseas, always. Anything which is not in Australia, is overseas.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

I can only advise what I would do in your situation:

1) First of all, I would try to get PCC and Medical for my dependents anyway. It would have given me an edge for future if I'd decide to bring them to Aus. Also like I said, in my knowledge, taking a local PCC does not require any passport.

2) If for some reason, the above option was not possible anyway, then I'd wait my CO to be assigned and directly talk to him. This is due to the fact that, PCC and HC is not due until your CO asks for it (I know people who had their Visa granted in 1.5-2 years. The CO asked for their PCC and HC couple of weeks prior to visa grant. Had they done those at the beginning, they would have needed to redo those, because those generally have 1 yr validity).

If you are too sure not to include any dependent, you can still send form 1023 right now.

Thanks,

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thx m8, while I was trying to book online PCC for self I found that Passport no. is mandatory during the procedure, so until i have there passport ready I really cannot proceed further. I though of uploading form 1023 and wait for CO to assign till then I will get my medical and other document ready to upload.

Currently I am going through with a very stressed out phase, you may imagine the dream of your life is just across the street and all you have to do is walk safe, but even in this situation I am taking chances and walking with blinds on my eyes. The kind of mess I did is something should not had happened. Any ways I will be praying a lot now days hope Jesus Christ fixes all that for me.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

I think you are taking it on yourself too hard. Throughout the journey, you'll face several situations that you have to deal with. You'll be surprised if i start telling some of them in my knowledge. The whole process is not a bed of roses, and it should not be in my opinion. But the good thing is, like i said, once you have your CO assigned, you can sort any issue with them. I haven't heard of a single incident where the situation was not sorted out. Compare to those, yours is nothing cause it has nothing to do with your own application, the worst it can be is to get your dependents out of your application.

So i think your are being paranoid for no reason. Take it easy man.

Chers

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi John, I'm interested to know how your application went as I have the same dilemma in declaring or not declaring a non-migrating dependent because of the requirements which might slow down the process. Did your CO eventually ask for medicals?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully @Olvin John will reply here, haven't seen him for some time.

However, you have to provide medical for all dependents - migrating or non-migrating. It is documented requirement.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.