• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

I have difficulties updating my new passport details

I am a Malaysian who live in Australia with Permanent residency which valid until next year Feb. However, my passport is expiring on Dec 2019 and I have planned a trip to Bali in two weeks (end of June). I just got renewed and received my new passport today but i was having difficulties updating my new passport number. Also, when I checked my VEVO, my Visa is still using the old passport number. Cos i thought it will be automatically updated once I have renewed my passport. Any advice?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't get updated automatically, you have to update your passport details from your ImmiAccount, or call/email DHA to update your details.

Otherwise, you can just carry both the passports with you and the immigration officers will do that at the airport on your return.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.