Impact of having 2 countries PR on citizenship

Hello, I am a permanent resident in Australia; I have been here for 1 year. I got my grant in 2018.
In 2013 I applied to Quebec canada for a PR and the application process took a long time. At that time I lived in Lebanon my country.
In 2016 I decided to apply to Australia and got my PR visa.
A month ago I received an email from canada asking me to do biometrics for my application and some updates. I thought that since I already started in 2013 with my canada application and already paid a lot . I thought why not continue the process of having a PR.
But I do not want this by any means to impact my Australian PR and later citizenship for I am looking forward to becoming an Australian citizen.
So will continuing with my canada PR application impact my australian PR and later citizenship?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

kyanar

Collaborator
Entitled Member
SC
189 NZ
App.
2020-04-22
PCC
2020-04-24
HC
2020-05-14
Grant
2021-04-19
You can be a resident of as many countries as you want, subject to meeting the requirements of that country's residence visa (some will cancel the visa if you do not actually reside there). You might need to declare any other countries where you hold residency or citizenship when applying for residency or citizenship though, so if you attain Canadian residency you will want to check the Australian application to ensure that if they ask you to declare it that you update appropriately (and the same if you get Australian first).

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.