• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Inaccurate Information in EOI but no overclaim

Sinyathi

Timeline missing
First of all I want to thank you for a wonderful job you are doing here. My question is

as follows:

I claimed my points as follows in my EOI:

Age (31 years) 30
Qualification (Bachelor degree): 15
Work Experience (5-8 years): 10
English (lowest score 7.5 IELTS) 10
——————————————————————————
Total 65
——————————————————————————

I have already gotten an invitation so cannot edit my EOI. My questions are:

1) My assessed work experience is 5 years. In my EOI I also included a year of unassessed work experience that was obtained before my qualification completion. Will this be an issue with the department even if this extra year does not change my claimed points? Will it be an issue if I fail to prove this employment phase? I might struggle to get payslips.

2) In my EOI I also included a diploma that was not assessed. I did not claim any points for it. Will this affect anything?

3)In my application do I need to put all the information in the EOI exactly as it is (e.g course completion dates, etc). Can I correct or remove some information that is irrelevant to my claimed points, or does my application have to match the EOI for every little detail?

4) Do I need to put any un-assessed qualifications in the application (secondary school certificates, etc)?

5) If any of the above will be an issue can i lodge another corrected EOI instead of waiting for 60 days for my invitation to lapse?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated help, Much appreciated

Regards

Sinyathi

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1) You should have listed that as "not relevant" experience in your EOI. However, as the points you claimed is not affected by that, you should be okay.
2) Should not be an issue.
3) As long as your points is not going to reduce, you should be fine. You might be asked about that (or not) which you need to clarify with proper reasoning.
4) Because they ask, theoretically you should (with category "Other").
5) You can lodge as many EOI as you want, unless you accepted the invitation.

Your EOI is mainly for calculating your points (not for any further processing). So as long as you haven't over-claimed anything, you should be okay. If you still like to be more sure, you can email skillselect for further clarification.

Also, you can read below post for an official reply with similar (not same though) matter:

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...-in-eoi-invitation-received.41418/#post-41899

Thanks,

Sinyathi

Timeline missing
Hi Mystic

Thanks so much for your insights. Really settling. All the best in your own endeavours.

1) You should have listed that as "not relevant" experience in your EOI. However, as the points you claimed is not affected by that, you should be okay.
2) Should not be an issue.
3) As long as your points is not going to reduce, you should be fine. You might be asked about that (or not) which you need to clarify with proper reasoning.
4) Because they ask, theoretically you should (with category "Other").
5) You can lodge as many EOI as you want, unless you accepted the invitation.

Your EOI is mainly for calculating your points (not for any further processing). So as long as you haven't over-claimed anything, you should be okay. If you still like to be more sure, you can email skillselect for further clarification.

Also, you can read below post for an official reply with similar (not same though) matter:

http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...-in-eoi-invitation-received.41418/#post-41899

Thanks,

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.