General Incoming passenger card country of residence ?

Louis

Timeline missing
Hi , so Im from Indonesia but I was a student in Singapore for 2 years and I plan to further my study in Australia
I havent been to Australia before and next month is going to be my first time to go to Australia so I was quite nervous

So basically , I apply for a student visa but when they ask my usual country of residence , some people told me to put Singapore
as I was applying for my visa in Singapore however some other people told me to put Indonesia
as I was an Indonesian Citizen
But I just put Singapore as I think its make more sense as I was applying in Singapore

A week later I got my Student visa granted with the information saying that singapore is my country of residence

However , I have completed my study In Singapore and im going back to Indonesia for a month before my study in Australia begin
therefore Singapore is not longer my country of residence.

So my question is , in the Incoming passenger card if I put Indonesia will it confuse the officer or will they might interrogate me ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
But I just put Singapore as I think its make more sense as I was applying in Singapore
You did it right.

However , I have completed my study In Singapore and im going back to Indonesia for a month before my study in Australia begin
therefore Singapore is not longer my country of residence.
You would need to update the department about your change of residency by submitting Form 1022. You need to update DHA about any change of circumstances (that affects your answer in your visa application) until you make your first entry.

So my question is , in the Incoming passenger card if I put Indonesia will it confuse the officer or will they might interrogate me ?
No, that's fine. You should always put your current situation.

Louis

Timeline missing
You did it right.

You would need to update the department about your change of residency by submitting Form 1022. You need to update DHA about any change of circumstances (that affects your answer in your visa application) until you make your first entry.

No, that's fine. You should always put your current situation.

Was it really necessary to fill the form 1022 ? Because sometimes I often go back to Singapore under tourist visa while im not a student there anymore and I still stay in the same address

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Visiting some place is not same as residency. If you think your country of residence is changed, you should send Form 1022 now. If you don't do that, most likely you'll still not face any issue because DHA is, most likely, not going to validate your address. However, because it's the rule, I'd feel more comfortable doing that because that won't cost me anything.

Louis

Timeline missing
Visiting some place is not same as residency. If you think your country of residence is changed, you should send Form 1022 now. If you don't do that, most likely you'll still not face any issue because DHA is, most likely, not going to validate your address. However, because it's the rule, I'd feel more comfortable doing that because that won't cost me anything.

Alright , thanks for the helpful answers :)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.