• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Australia Incorrect information on a Tourist Visa application and how to fix it

Juan

Timeline missing
After applying for an Australia tourist visa, I received a message from the immigration agent saying that they found adverse information on the application. This incorrect information refers to the fact that in the section of "had an application for entry or further stay in Australia or any other country refused, or had a visa canceled "I mistakenly replied NOT because I thought it was only referring to a visa granted or canceled only for AUSTRALIA, but I should have answered YES, since in the past I have had a couple of tourist visa rejected to the United States.

My question is whether this incorrect information is so serious as to reject an application for a tourist visa and if notifying and explaining that I did an incorrect answer, will the officers understand the situation?

Thank you a lot.
Juan.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You should notify the department about this mistake via Update Us section in your ImmiAccount. I strongly suggest to notify them before they find out. If you do that, you will be safe in this regard. Otherwise, there's always risk of getting a rejection on the ground of misinformation.

I have seen PR visa being rejected for such a mistake, not sure what CO will do about a tourist visa.

Juan

Timeline missing
You should notify the department about this mistake via Update Us section in your ImmiAccount. I strongly suggest to notify them before they find out. If you do that, you will be safe in this regard. Otherwise, there's always risk of getting a rejection on the ground of misinformation.

I have seen PR visa being rejected for such a mistake, not sure what CO will do about a tourist visa.
Thanks for your reply.

We notified the Inmigration department about the mistake by email and InmiAccount and 1 week later we got the visa.

Thank you!

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.