• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Information on Dependent and Main application for Australia PR

rga

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I need info on the dependent and also main applicant for Australia PR. From this forum I got to know that I fall under ICT Minor and non-relevant job with my education so 6 Years will be deducted from my experience. So, now I am planning to include my wife as main applicant who has 9 years of IT experience as a tester and she studies B.sc computers(full time), M.sc IT (correspondence course). So, how many years will be deducted from her ACT assessment?
Also, what are the disadvantages being dependent from work point of view, as I will be on dependent visa.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So, now I am planning to include my wife as main applicant who has 9 years of IT experience as a tester and she studies B.sc computers(full time), M.sc IT (correspondence course). So, how many years will be deducted from her ACT assessment?
In the best case scenario, if her qualification is recognized as ICT major and relevant to her nominated skill, 2 years will be deducted. For all scenarios, refer to the post below.

https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/acs-assessment-suitability-criteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

Make sure to check if her skill is in the SOL or CSOL.

Also, what are the disadvantages being dependent from work point of view, as I will be on dependent visa.
Nothing.

rga

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.