Guide Inquiry about sponsorship for subclass 491 new visa

Mohamed Bakry

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear all,

I'm currently preparing the necessary documents and requirements for the new visa ( subclass 491 ).
as we all know in order to get this visa I have to be nominated by a territory OR sponsored by a family member who is a permanent resident in Australia.
Now I have my uncle who is an eligible to sponsor me to get extra 15 points for this visa. I only have 3 questions right now:

1- I have 3 years of experience in my field but I'm not claiming any points for it, I'm only planning to attach them on my skill assessment application in order to justify the career episodes that i have wrote depending on that experience, my question is, will Engineers Australia ask me for verification documents and proof for that work experience ?! even though I'm not claiming any points for it. will I be required to provide any kind of evidence for it like bank statement, payslips, or tax ?!

2- Is it mandatory to have experience for this visa ?! even if my points are sufficient without the work experience ?!

3- the most important question, what are the steps my sponsor ( my uncle ) should do to declare that he is sponsoring me for this specific visa?! for example, is there a specific form that he has to fill in order to do this ?! if yes, what is the name or the link for it ?! if no, please guide me through the right steps in order to forward them for him.

Thank you.

littlejohn

Regular
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
Dear all,

I'm currently preparing the necessary documents and requirements for the new visa ( subclass 491 ).
as we all know in order to get this visa I have to be nominated by a territory OR sponsored by a family member who is a permanent resident in Australia.
Now I have my uncle who is an eligible to sponsor me to get extra 15 points for this visa. I only have 3 questions right now:

1- I have 3 years of experience in my field but I'm not claiming any points for it, I'm only planning to attach them on my skill assessment application in order to justify the career episodes that i have wrote depending on that experience, my question is, will Engineers Australia ask me for verification documents and proof for that work experience ?! even though I'm not claiming any points for it. will I be required to provide any kind of evidence for it like bank statement, payslips, or tax ?!

2- Is it mandatory to have experience for this visa ?! even if my points are sufficient without the work experience ?!

3- the most important question, what are the steps my sponsor ( my uncle ) should do to declare that he is sponsoring me for this specific visa?! for example, is there a specific form that he has to fill in order to do this ?! if yes, what is the name or the link for it ?! if no, please guide me through the right steps in order to forward them for him.

Thank you.
First of all Best of Luck with your application brother.

1. Yes EA is not bothered about your experience until your career episodes are based on them, EA is not at all worried about you claiming points for that experience. So, in simple if your CE's are sourced from you professional experience then you need to provide all the necessary documents payslips,tax,super,pf,bank statements, etc and I guess if you have all these things then you can claim points for this experience.

2. Its a points tested visa so i dont think experience is a must all you need is max points to get the EOI

MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02

Mohamed Bakry

Wanderer
Timeline missing
First of all Best of Luck with your application brother.

1. Yes EA is not bothered about your experience until your career episodes are based on them, EA is not at all worried about you claiming points for that experience. So, in simple if your CE's are sourced from you professional experience then you need to provide all the necessary documents payslips,tax,super,pf,bank statements, etc and I guess if you have all these things then you can claim points for this experience.

2. Its a points tested visa so i dont think experience is a must all you need is max points to get the EOI

Thank you little john for you reply, and I wish you all the luck as well.

regarding engineers australia, they have options when you want to make the assessment, whether you want to do (Standard Competency Demonstration Report ) or ( Competency Demonstration Report + Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment ).

So, I read some comments on other sites which are saying that when you choose to only assess your qualifications you will be only required to provide the CDR and the experience letter that the episodes are based on. only to check that the episodes are consistent with your experience letter, period. no more verification.

BUT, when you choose the option number 2, which is to assess your qualifications + the work experience, only then your work experience will be verified and they require other documents like you mentioned. So, now I'm having a hard time figuring this out.

The problem is, I'm not in the same country that I was when I acquired my work experience letter. and it's hard for me to be in contact with anyone or to generate any kind of additional documents. All I have is 2 documents, an HR letter explaining my duties and responsibilities and the duration of my employment, plus INCOME VERIFICATION LETTER from the same company showing my annual salary for the past 3 years ( I was paid in cash and no taxes applied for my salary range) . Both documents have the company letterhead and also stamped from the ministry of foreign affairs and stamped from the ministry of justice. That's literally all I have on my hand right now, 2 documents.

so, what do you think ?!

littlejohn

Regular
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
Thank you little john for you reply, and I wish you all the luck as well.

regarding engineers australia, they have options when you want to make the assessment, whether you want to do (Standard Competency Demonstration Report ) or ( Competency Demonstration Report + Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment ).

So, I read some comments on other sites which are saying that when you choose to only assess your qualifications you will be only required to provide the CDR and the experience letter that the episodes are based on. only to check that the episodes are consistent with your experience letter, period. no more verification.

BUT, when you choose the option number 2, which is to assess your qualifications + the work experience, only then your work experience will be verified and they require other documents like you mentioned. So, now I'm having a hard time figuring this out.

The problem is, I'm not in the same country that I was when I acquired my work experience letter. and it's hard for me to be in contact with anyone or to generate any kind of additional documents. All I have is 2 documents, an HR letter explaining my duties and responsibilities and the duration of my employment, plus INCOME VERIFICATION LETTER from the same company showing my annual salary for the past 3 years ( I was paid in cash and no taxes applied for my salary range) . Both documents have the company letterhead and also stamped from the ministry of foreign affairs and stamped from the ministry of justice. That's literally all I have on my hand right now, 2 documents.

so, what do you think ?!
If those letters are attested by the MOFA then they should be good to submit, usually a reference letter should have following details your position, roles and responsibilities, start and end date on company letter head and signed by a senior position. please read this booklet in detail before you proceed.

MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02

Mohamed Bakry

Wanderer
Timeline missing
If those letters are attested by the MOFA then they should be good to submit, usually a reference letter should have following details your position, roles and responsibilities, start and end date on company letter head and signed by a senior position. please read this booklet in detail before you proceed.

Dear Littlejohn,
Thank you again for your response.
The details you mentioned regarding the reference letter is 100% applied on my both experience letter and income verification letter,

both have the company letterhead, contact details, and stamps from the company itself and MOFA plus stamp from the ministry of justice.
also, my experience letters includes my duties and responsibilities foe the whole employment period. My income verification letter includes the details about how many hours I have worked per week and also the payments that I have received per year.

Is that sufficient ?! or they still going to ask for tax, payslips or other documents.

please note, all that is provided while I'M NOT EVEN PLANNING TO ASSESS THE WORK EXPERIENCE, only attaching it to justify my career episodes.

Thanks.

littlejohn

Regular
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
Dear Littlejohn,
Thank you again for your response.
The details you mentioned regarding the reference letter is 100% applied on my both experience letter and income verification letter,

both have the company letterhead, contact details, and stamps from the company itself and MOFA plus stamp from the ministry of justice.
also, my experience letters includes my duties and responsibilities foe the whole employment period. My income verification letter includes the details about how many hours I have worked per week and also the payments that I have received per year.

Is that sufficient ?! or they still going to ask for tax, payslips or other documents.

please note, all that is provided while I'M NOT EVEN PLANNING TO ASSESS THE WORK EXPERIENCE, only attaching it to justify my career episodes.

Thanks.
You might have the Visa copy as well if you have traveled to that country, your documents suffice most of the things but they can ask anything so you should be able to provide that if not a good explanation why you cant.

Soham vijay

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear little jhon
As i am really worried about my immigration point and invitation could you please help me
Category 261313 software Engineer jobs
With 70 points under subclass visa 491
Do you think i will get invitation as i am getting opinion i won't get if it is 70.

Mohamed Bakry

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear little jhon
As i am really worried about my immigration point and invitation could you please help me
Category 261313 software Engineer jobs
With 70 points under subclass visa 491
Do you think i will get invitation as i am getting opinion i won't get if it is 70.

Why wouldn't you get an invitation while you are fulfilling even 5 more points than the minimum points requirements ?!

I'm also planning to go using the visa 491, under a family relative sponsorship to get the extra points. And also, the accumulation of my points will be 70 points !
So could you please clarify the logic that your information is based on ?!

I have been told you will get an invitation, but not instantly, as they invite the people with higher points first, then the people with less points after that, but eventually your turn will come for getting an invitation ..

Soham vijay

Wanderer
Timeline missing
With all the points including state sponsor points spouse Eng test points i am getting 70 that's maximum i can get now if i give pte once again for 79 plus and mb nati which i feel is not easy to achieve i can jump on to extra 15 points

littlejohn

Regular
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
With all the points including state sponsor points spouse Eng test points i am getting 70 that's maximum i can get now if i give pte once again for 79 plus and mb nati which i feel is not easy to achieve i can jump on to extra 15 points
well your logic is quite true, its very hard to get an invite on 70points these days. Im not actually following 261313 occupation but these days people with 80 points are also waiting. You might get an invite but it will take time. after the 16th nov effect I guess the cutoff will increase further o_O

MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.