• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Is ACS assessment better with Australian ICT Degree?

sarahkoch

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi everyone,

I hope you are well and I hope someone can help me with my query. I have finished preparing all my documents and wanting to apply for ACS assessment under Systems Analyst

Here's my background -
  • Diploma - non ICT did in 2005
  • Job experience (International) - 2004 to 2017 (10+years)
  • Bachelors - non ICT did in 2014
  • Australian Masters ICT degree - 2019
  • Post-masters, Full-time Australian work experience as System Analyst - 1 year +
Since my education is from a non ICT background, I have prepared a RPL so that I can get my points for international work experience.

My understanding is that since I have an Australian ICT degree and work experience, I qualify for a positive skills assessment.

My question is - while submitting ACS, should I give my Masters degree? If yes, then is there a chance that ACS will not consider my RPL or prior experience and I lose all international work experience points?

If I do not submit my Masters degree and ACS also rejects my RPL - then I know that I will get a negative skills assessment straightaway.

I am confused if I should show my Masters degree and risk losing all points for international work experience (but in a way guarantee a positive assessment). Or is my understanding wrong here?

Thank you for reading and all your help. Really appreciate it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Ideally, ACS is supposed to browse all avenue and give you the best outcome. So, if you submit both RPL and ICT Masters, they should first consider RPL (as that will give you more eligible experience), and later consider Masters if RPL is not enough.

But I am not sure if internally they always prioritize ICT degree over masters (in my knowledge, there is no such criterion), or whether the assessor will have some unconscious bias in rejecting RPL if you submit an ICT degree.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.