VETASSESS Is Clinical Research Associate relevant to ‘Research and Development Manager’ assessed by VETASSESS?

melissasong

Timeline missing
Dear all,
I hope to have some help from anyone with work experiences as CRA and past experiences with VETASSESS skills assessment.

My skills assessment has just returned as negative under Life Scientist Nec (education is highly relevant but not work background as they say).

I am considering to resubmit it under a new occupation of ‘Research and development manager’, also assessed by VETASSESS.

Can anyone advise me if they have receive a positive result with CRA experience for the occupation?
Or if you see my work experiences outlined below are relevant to the JD of the nominated occupation?

JD for Clinical research associates is as followed.
  • setting up and disbanding trial study centres
  • identifying and briefing appropriate trial investigators (clinicians)
  • designing trial materials and supplying study centres with sufficient quantities
  • providing clinicians with instructions on how to conduct the trials
  • collecting and authenticating data collection forms (commonly known as case report forms)
  • monitoring progress throughout the duration of the trial
  • writing reports
JD for Research and development manager is;
E95125BC-2E04-4571-BDB6-3CB831112A46.png

I think the tasks do match with the tasks I carried as CRA but I hope to have a second opinion as i have failed hard on my first skills assessment application.

Thank you very much for your time and inputs here!
Warm regards, Sora

Dear all,
I hope to have some help from anyone with work experiences as CRA and past experiences with VETASSESS skills assessment.

My skills assessment has just returned as negative under Life Scientist Nec (education is highly relevant but not work background as they say).

I am considering to resubmit it under a new occupation of ‘Research and development manager’, also assessed by VETASSESS.

Can anyone advise me if they have receive a positive result with CRA experience for the occupation?
Or if you see my work experiences outlined below are relevant to the JD of the nominated occupation?

JD for Clinical research associates is as followed.
  • setting up and disbanding trial study centres
  • identifying and briefing appropriate trial investigators (clinicians)
  • designing trial materials and supplying study centres with sufficient quantities
  • providing clinicians with instructions on how to conduct the trials
  • collecting and authenticating data collection forms (commonly known as case report forms)
  • monitoring progress throughout the duration of the trial
  • writing reports
JD for Research and development manager is;
View attachment 3378

I think the tasks do match with the tasks I carried as CRA but I hope to have a second opinion as i have failed hard on my first skills assessment application.

Thank you very much for your time and inputs here!
Warm regards, Sora
Hi Sora
Thanks for sharing this, even I had similar issues with VETASSESS. I'm a Clinical research professional and an experienced CRA. I have received negative assessment for Life scientist NEC last month. I am in talks with a consultant who has advised me to apply under Program or Project Administrator 511112 where the duties are more generalized to Project management and he also received positive assessment for some candidates earlier (not this year). I am still confused with what I need to proceed for a re-assessment.

Hi Sora
Thanks for sharing this, even I had similar issues with VETASSESS. I'm a Clinical research professional and an experienced CRA. I have received negative assessment for Life scientist NEC last month. I am in talks with a consultant who has advised me to apply under Program or Project Administrator 511112 where the duties are more generalized to Project management and he also received positive assessment for some candidates earlier (not this year). I am still confused with what I need to proceed for a re-assessment.
Dear Manoj

did you by any chance apply under projext administrator and have received a positive result?

i really appreciate you much if you can share how you went with your application.

warms regards
Sora

Anybody had any luck recently? I saw on a immigration lawyer site that CRAs are currently in the 10 top most in-demand jobs in Australia. My company has been trying to find a CRA with global experience for over 6 months without luck.
I wish I'd seen this thread before applying as independent Life Scientist nec...

Vetassess are, without exaggeration, the most inefficient company I've ever dealt with. Expensive, incredibly slow and only provide nonsensical responses. 10 day time line for email responses, PER EMAIL? Only reply through a no-reply address, and don't allow phone calls with case officers. Assessment Officers clearly have no understanding of the industry based on the feedback in outcome letters.

I'm going to go for employer-nominated residency through either Program or Project Administrator, or Information and Organisation Professional nec (which I am currently sponsored through). Need to hear back from the lawyer before proceeding.

DPP

Timeline missing
Anybody had any luck recently? I saw on a immigration lawyer site that CRAs are currently in the 10 top most in-demand jobs in Australia. My company has been trying to find a CRA with global experience for over 6 months without luck.
I wish I'd seen this thread before applying as independent Life Scientist nec...

Vetassess are, without exaggeration, the most inefficient company I've ever dealt with. Expensive, incredibly slow and only provide nonsensical responses. 10 day time line for email responses, PER EMAIL? Only reply through a no-reply address, and don't allow phone calls with case officers. Assessment Officers clearly have no understanding of the industry based on the feedback in outcome letters.

I'm going to go for employer-nominated residency through either Program or Project Administrator, or Information and Organisation Professional nec (which I am currently sponsored through). Need to hear back from the lawyer before proceeding.
Dear Mar,

Have you received any positive feedback from Vetasses for Program or Project Administrator, or Information and Organisation Professional nec?

Because I have worked as a CRA and currently working as a Sr. Centralized Monitoring Lead, I have applied under Health Information Manager - ANZSCO 224213 and got the negative response. Could you please help me to select the correct code. In fact, when I asked Vetasses to suggest me the occupation they said currently there is no occupation listed for me to apply :(. The second option they have given me to go for re-assessment.

Could you please help me to know if you have received positive response from vetasses.

Thank you,
DPP

Dear Mar,

Have you received any positive feedback from Vetasses for Program or Project Administrator, or Information and Organisation Professional nec?

Because I have worked as a CRA and currently working as a Sr. Centralized Monitoring Lead, I have applied under Health Information Manager - ANZSCO 224213 and got the negative response. Could you please help me to select the correct code. In fact, when I asked Vetasses to suggest me the occupation they said currently there is no occupation listed for me to apply :(. The second option they have given me to go for re-assessment.

Could you please help me to know if you have received positive response from vetasses.

Thank you,
DPP
Dear DPP

Did you by any chance had the luck to receive a positive skilled assessment result since the last time you mentioned a negative result on health information manager? :)
I am trying to seek advice from vetassess on the occupation now but hope to have some guidance in prior to that.

thank you with warm regards

Dear DPP

Did you by any chance had the luck to receive a positive skilled assessment result since the last time you mentioned a negative result on health information manager? :)
I am trying to seek advice from vetassess on the occupation now but hope to have some guidance in prior to that.

thank you with warm regards
Dear DPP,

Just wondering if you have proceeded with your application to Vetassess?

Also, what were the reasons for failing life sciences nec according to Vetassess?

M

Melissassong

I have one publication. but i think this is not sufficient.. so not going with the suggestion.Most of the Responsibilities matches with R&D manager.
I have over 7 years of experiences as a CRA but got a negaive result on life scientist nec back in 2019. I recently submitted another application under project administrator with all possible information about the industry, job descriptions of CRA and relevant subordinates and superiors, outline of all operational services, etc. Hopefuly it goes well this time...

I have over 7 years of experiences as a CRA but got a negaive result on life scientist nec back in 2019. I recently submitted another application under project administrator with all possible information about the industry, job descriptions of CRA and relevant subordinates and superiors, outline of all operational services, etc. Hopefuly it goes well this time...
Hi Dear... Have you received favourable outcome on it?

Hey Did you received any outcome, I am planning to apply on same code, please reply.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.