• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Is it compulsory to do professional year to assess my Master of IT degree (which i am doing in australia) or not for my case??

Mansi Patel

Timeline missing
I have completed bachelor's IT degree (computer engineering) in India and having 4 years of relevant experience as software engineer.
I am currently studying in australia (Master of IT). I am aiming to do ACS skill assessment under Software engineer. Is it compulsory to do professional year
to assess my Master of IT degree (which i am doing in australia) or not?? I am pretty sure that if i am assessing my bachelor's degree
than i dont think so i require to do PY becuase i have relevent experience. But, I would like to claim 5 points for my australian study and
5 points for study in regional area (adelaide).

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Is it compulsory to do professional year to assess my Master of IT degree (which i am doing in australia) or not?
No, but doing that may give you some additional benefits in assessment/point claim.

But, I would like to claim 5 points for my australian study and 5 points for study in regional area (adelaide).
That has no relation with PY.

asadkh7

Commoner
Skill
SC
App.
2019-12-28
CO
2020-05-12
HC
2020-05-08
Grant
2020-06-16
I have completed bachelor's IT degree (computer engineering) in India and having 4 years of relevant experience as software engineer.
I am currently studying in australia (Master of IT). I am aiming to do ACS skill assessment under Software engineer. Is it compulsory to do professional year
to assess my Master of IT degree (which i am doing in australia) or not?? I am pretty sure that if i am assessing my bachelor's degree
than i dont think so i require to do PY becuase i have relevent experience. But, I would like to claim 5 points for my australian study and
5 points for study in regional area (adelaide).
You can claim points of australian study and regional study without doing any assessment, Your course completion letter and transcript is enough for that. It is not linked with skills assessment. You can get your skill assessment on the basis of overseas experience however PY will give you 5 extra points.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.