ACS Job responsibilities of ICT Project Manager.

Storme

Timeline missing
Dear Admin,

I am evaluating my eligibility for Skilled Nominated Subclass 190, State sponsored visa for 135112, ICT Project Manager and request your advice

Education - BA - Economics (non ICT qualification)
Work Experience

2.5 years - Call center (1 year in Sales, rest in windows technical support)

5 years - Starting as team lead in Service Desk and promoted to Project manager in the 3rd year

7 years to date - As a Project Manager

My questions are
  1. Will ACS consider Callcenter & Technical service desk experience as ICT work experience or will they only consider the Project Manager experience as ICT work experience
  2. In case they do not consider the non-Project manager experience as ICT experience they will deduct 6 years for a non-ICT qualification then I will be left with just 3 years of which 2 years will be considered as work experience and the rest as skilled employment
  3. The age group says 32-39 for 25 Points, will I be able to get these points if I apply before my 40th B'day, my understanding is I can apply before my 40th B'day to claim the points can you confirm?

Thanks in advance

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. Your job description must be related to managing an ICT project to be considered as an ICT project manager.

2. I did not get your question. Can you please clarify?

3. You have to get an invitation before your 40th birthday. All points are calculated based in the day you get invitation.

Storme

Timeline missing
Thanks for your quick response

My question is how will ACS evaluate IT work experience as I have been in various IT roles
  1. IT service technician
  2. Team Lead - IT Service Desk Support
  3. IT project manager
Will they only use the IT project Management experience or will they also consider the IT experience in other roles?

Best Regards,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You have to match your responsibility with corresponding skill in the attached document.

Attachments

• ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf
    574.2 KB · Views: 886

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Check which occupation matches your job responsibilities most.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hi there,
I am a Project Manager and work within IT in my current organisation (7 months here). I have worked in Project Management for approx 10 years in both business change and across several IT projects. Is there a code I would use and do you know if this role qualifies?
Thank you
You need to select a code that matches your experience to be able to get a positive skills assessment. You'll find details of the roles and responsibilities considered relevant to each of the ICT occupation codes in the ACS ANZSCO Code Information

Once you have identified an appropriate ANZSCO code to apply under, take a look at the Combined Current List of Eligible Skilled Occupations to see if the occupation you have experience in is currently relevant for any of the available visas.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.